Need Help

Decorating By DelicateDetails Updated 6 Aug 2008 , 11:14pm by DelicateDetails

DelicateDetails Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DelicateDetails Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 8:08pm
post #1 of 4

I have to do a cake for a 10 year class reunion. I am completely stomped on what to make. I am not being paid but this is a great opportunity to get new customers. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

3 replies
janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 8:23pm
post #2 of 4

Is this for YOUR reunion? How many people were in the graduating class? How many people are expected at the reunion.

someone recently posted one online and made the people out of fondant with "name tags" it was so cute - I think it was posted yesterday.

Michelle104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michelle104 Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 10:57pm
post #3 of 4

I think it would be fun to do half the cake in a retro theme and half the cake in the here and now. Like check out the music, trends, hairstyles, headlines, etc.....of course I kind of like all that nostalgia stuff... icon_lol.gif

plus I would do a little extra than for a "budget" cake since you're trying to appeal to new customers as well.....does that make sense??? icon_confused.gif

DelicateDetails Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DelicateDetails Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 11:14pm
post #4 of 4

Yes, this is my pre reunion event. The attending list is huge. I will not try to feed all those people when it's very possible that many may not show. The then and now idea sounds great. Thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%