Anyone Been A Member Of Cc Since 2004?

Decorating By LisaR64 Updated 9 Aug 2008 , 8:51pm by Gingoodies

LisaR64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaR64 Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 11:41pm
post #1 of 36

Just curious if any of the original members of CC (circa 2004) are still around. If so, what was CC like then compared to now?

35 replies
julzs71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julzs71 Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 11:56pm
post #2 of 36

i have not been around since the beginning, but since I have joined it is a lot different. I don't remember there being so many fights or immaturity.

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 11:58pm
post #3 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by julzs71

i have not been around since the beginning, but since I have joined it is a lot different. I don't remember there being so many fights or immaturity.

I agree... I also find people comment less on pics even though there are more members...

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 12:05am
post #4 of 36

Well, I was GOING to say , if you go to the Memberlist page, and search by "Joined Date" in ascending order, that would tell you. But when I went there to check it out, it doesnt' look like it's calculating the joined date like I would expect it to.....by year / month / day in calendar order (Jan 2004, Feb 2004, Mar 2004, etc).

"APril 1, 2005" is first alphabetically, followed by April 1, 2006 and April 1, 2007, etc. Then following that it goes back to April 2, 2005 followed by those who joined April 2, 2006.

So I guess it's not possible to actually get a list in actual joined date order.
icon_confused.gif

alanahodgson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alanahodgson Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 12:11am
post #5 of 36

I've only been here a year and I find that people comment much less on photos than they did when I first joined. Perhaps because there are so many more photos.

dolittle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dolittle Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 12:26am
post #6 of 36

I'm still here . icon_biggrin.gif Most of the thing's that have been said are the changes.

More fights or misunderstandings icon_sad.gif
Less comments on Pictures icon_sad.gif
There's alot more pictures icon_smile.gif
But it is pertty much the same-A WONDERFUL PLACE icon_smile.gif !

I'm still addictied.I lurk around when I have time. I just don't have as much time now. icon_sad.gif

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 12:42am
post #7 of 36

I started lurking, reading and looking at pics in late 04 and finally joined (as in registered a name) in 2005. The first ones that come to mind whose absence I definitely notice are the mods. Most of them joined at that time. Stephanie, MrsMissey, Mouse, Lisa...I remember seeing them on the threads so much more and they really are a great group of ladies. Always the first to welcome people to the forums. TC (turtleshell) started a little before me...probably lurked around the same time. Kiddiecakes is one I still see from time to time that was a CC dinosaur. icon_smile.gif

It's sad to say but it was certainly more of a sharing site but there were less members. You will always have your "cliquey" people and yes - the same "hot topics" were "hot topics" then. lol (box vs. scratch, etc.) That's just the growing pains of an internet community like this....you have thousands of people with thousands of beliefs, opinions, tastes, etc. The more it grows, the more chance for conflict and opposing views. I think it pushed out some great, helpful posters. But not all leave because of conflict, some people's lives just change. And it doesn't necessarily mean CC is still not a source of cake wealth as far is the art goes. If you're looking for inspiration, tips, how-tos and things like that - this is a great spot.

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 1:09am
post #8 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Well, I was GOING to say , if you go to the Memberlist page, and search by "Joined Date" in ascending order, that would tell you. But when I went there to check it out, it doesnt' look like it's calculating the joined date like I would expect it to.....by year / month / day in calendar order (Jan 2004, Feb 2004, Mar 2004, etc).

"APril 1, 2005" is first alphabetically, followed by April 1, 2006 and April 1, 2007, etc. Then following that it goes back to April 2, 2005 followed by those who joined April 2, 2006.

So I guess it's not possible to actually get a list in actual joined date order.
icon_confused.gif

Something is odd...I did the same thing and it was jumbled then, I clicked another button or two and it was more like it should be(with only one or two out of sequence dates.

Maybe, it's like one of those switcheroo puzzles...we gotta click a few more buttons to get the picture straight?

susgene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susgene Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 1:09am
post #9 of 36

There are good points to the "old" Cakecentral and the "new" Cakecentral. I joined in early 2005 and it was smaller (and a little kinder and less controversial). I was totally addicted to it in 2005 and still am... Definitely fewer comments per picture but I understand because I can't find the time to comment on all that I should either since there are SO MANY photos. And as far as I'm concerned, the more photos the better! As you can tell by my number of posts I've never been very talkative because I've been learning so much from reading everyone else's posts. I honestly don't think I would still be decorating if it hadn't been for this site. THANK YOU MY CAKECENTRAL FRIENDS!!! I will continue to support you like you've always supported me!

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 1:11am
post #10 of 36

Hey dolittle!! You dinosaur you! icon_smile.gif LOL

I'm proud to be in the dinosaur cake club icon_smile.gif

When I started on CC I didn't know much at all. I have learned soooo much! Most of the people I've met on CC have become lifetime friends. In the beginning I learned so much from calidawn! Ya'll remember her? MrsMissey is big time missed by me. Remember Godiva? One incredible decorator, I love her!!!! Just to name a few.

There used to be just a few trouble makers back then now their seems to be more (don't shoot me that's just IMHO). I don't post much because of drama.

When it comes to the cake info I am blown away with all the helpful tips & talent on CC. I can actually say that I have learned more from CC then I could ever learn in a cake class.

As for the pics. I used to be able to look at every cake uploaded daily on CC. Now I can't keep up with the cakes if I looked every hour! CC has definitely grown! Please don't get upset if your pic doesn't get commented on. It doesn't mean it's bad, it means we missed it.

I have met a lot of CC family. They are all awsome!!! We are blessed to be part of this much talent!!

tcturtleshell Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 1:15am
post #11 of 36

I couldn't remember when I joined... I am a dinosaur!!! Jan 2005 baby!! LOL!!

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 1:19am
post #12 of 36

sorry Indydebi, clicked on next page and it gave me what you got...april 1, 2006...a whole page of april 1,2006.

The earliest date I got was May 11, 2004

Ironbaker Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 1:36am
post #13 of 36

I loved Calidawn and hope she is well. CarolAnn, Melodyscakes are other oldies but goodies. Ntertayneme - it took me over to figure out what her name was saying. icon_redface.gif Oh and Peacockplace! She's still around.

I know many remember Squirrelycakes.

tcturtleshell Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 1:45am
post #14 of 36

calidawn us good, I talk to her every few months or so.

You named my favs Tam!! The goodies!!! I got to meet Ntertayneme in 05. She came to my house for a DOS. We had a blast! Wish we could have a CC oldies get together!

doitallmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doitallmom Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 2:18am
post #15 of 36

I can remember seeing lots and lots of posts from the aboved mentioned mods and members when I joined here at CC. There was just a great flow of love and information.

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 2:37am
post #16 of 36

Oh... Oh ...me!!! I'm still here. Add me to the dinosaur list! October 2004! There are a ton more pics now, and a lot more whiners. In the olden days if people didn't agree with something they just moved to another thread for the most part, not stir up all kinds of drama.

I do remember one time a new member came on and left a lot of bad photo ratings, and nasty comments. Then she started a thread telling all of us that she was so much better than us because we were all just wanna be stay at home moms. She used lots of crude language too. That thread got heated and deleted FAST. Any of you remember that?

I do miss Cali! It also took forever to figure out Ntertayneme's name. icon_lol.gif I still love CC just like I aways have, but it did seem to be a nicer place with less complaining and fighting in the olden days. I pretty much keep to the business forum these days. It has the least drama.

dolittle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dolittle Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 12:48pm
post #17 of 36

Well good morning fellow dinosaurs! Good to see you ! icon_smile.gif

I do miss all the old posters icon_sad.gif .Their are just so many that have come and gone .Every now and then I will see a old name and get so excited!

So if your out there and reading this please post I need a little excitment!!LOL

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

As you can tell I never stopped reading long enough to post much and it's been almost 4 years. I my need a intervention soon. icon_wink.gif

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 1:11pm
post #18 of 36

I guess I'm a dinosaur too, I joined in March of 2005.
Lots of things have definitely changed, but some things never change.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 1:45pm
post #19 of 36

Im still here..I think I've been here since 2004 but I could be wrong!!Yup I just checked on my avatar and it says July 2004...Still here!!!

Ha! Ha! Ironbaker...yup I am a Dinosuar and hitting the big 40 this year!!! Grrrrroooowwwwlllllll.....

thumbs_up.gif

Ironbaker Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 2:33pm
post #20 of 36

LOL @ groooowlll

Peacock, I do remember that thread/fight! I found it hysterical then and it's still funny to think about. It was like setting off fireworks in crowded room.

Another name is coming to mind but I see her avatar in my head and can't think of the name. Jenn...? It was a cake with wings...

KathysCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathysCC Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 3:31am
post #21 of 36

Oh, some of your posts make me so sad! icon_cry.gif I've seen the grouchiness growing too and that makes me sad. icon_cry.gif

Cake Central should be a happy place. Cakes are about happy!!

We should all make an effort to comment on more of the cakes we look at. I'm guilty of looking quickly and not leaving a comment even though I love things about so many of the cakes I see. I'm going to start leaving more comments. I noticed tonight for instance, a cake with 39 favorites and 6 comments and another with 19 favorites and 4 comments. If you like it enough to save it, I think you would have something nice to say. It makes everyone so happy to receive comments on their cakes. icon_biggrin.gif

I also think we should all make an effort to avoid and ignore these fighting and controversial threads. I am also guilty of getting drawn in just to "read" them and then get drawn into posting to them. No more for me, thanks.

It should be about the cakes.

icon_biggrin.gif Cakes = Happy icon_biggrin.gif

cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcake Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 8:00am
post #22 of 36

icon_smile.gif Sept. 2004, here. Don't do much posting anymore, mostly browse when I have time.

miny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 8:19am
post #23 of 36

I also remember that thread but by that time I used to read only, icon_redface.gif I did not comment because I was new to cake decorating and I had nothing to say, just learning and for that thanks, but I also remember that ALL THE PICS used to have lots of comments and as Kathy said we should bring that back! icon_smile.gif

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 12:25pm
post #24 of 36

I registered in 2006, but lurked for about a year before I actually joined. The mods used to post much more often here, and now you rarely see them! I don't really post as much now, just because CC isn't as friendly as it used to be.

Bettycrockermommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettycrockermommy Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 5:29pm
post #25 of 36

I've been hanging around here since June of 2005, and it has gotten a lot more "catty" than it used to be. But, I still love this place!

I remember people like boween and squirrelycakes. They are definitely missed.

Ironbaker Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 5:58pm
post #26 of 36

Aww Boween! She could bust out some cakes. I liked seeing what she did each week.

I just wanted to point out that I'm not one of those bothered by the comments thing. (hot topic alert!) I'm flattered with all - comments, saves or both. In fact, I find the saves as being a higher compliment. I think there are less comments because there are just far, far more pictures than there were 3 or 4 years ago. And I think there are more "brides" and others who just come to look at pictures since CC has gotten out.

Spottydog and newtodecorating are a couple of other oldies.

Come out of lurking and say hi! icon_smile.gif

nefcook21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefcook21 Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 6:14pm
post #27 of 36

Gues I'm a dinosaur too! Been here since Dec. 2004 but have just really become "addicted" in the past couple of years. As you can tell from my posts I do more learning than talking but I absolutely love this place. I have learned so many things and am always blown away by the designs everyone comes up with.

I do remember squirrelycakes, calidawn and boween. Where are they now? icon_sad.gif

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 6:18pm
post #28 of 36

I found CC in late 2004, but didn't join until August, 2005. Someone please let me know when I can be a dinosaur, too.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

SweetResults Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetResults Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 6:19pm
post #29 of 36

Ok - very sad - I have to post so I can see when I joined! I'm sure it was later than 2004 tho....

Let's see!

SweetResults Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetResults Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 6:22pm
post #30 of 36

Ah! I'm practically a baby! 2006!

It is busier and cattier I guess, but that;s what happens when people have been here for years and newer members post a "New" idea or thread and the rest of us have seen it a MILLION times LOL! People just don't think to search for an existing thread before posting their "new" thought, not that I blame them icon_smile.gif

Still happy to be here and miss a few of the old gals who are not here anymore.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%