[B]Shipping Cakes To Iraq[/b]

Decorating By cakesbyclark Updated 4 Aug 2008 , 7:16pm by Lesia

cakesbyclark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyclark Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 6:41pm
post #1 of 4

Hello everyone I half a friend who is over in Iraq and he just loves my cakes and I want to send him my pound cake that he loves so much. What I want to know is how can I ship this cake and will the cake hold up. I am sending the pounds cake because the shelf life is pretty good. It usually takes about 9 days for them to get mail over there. PLEASE HELP

3 replies
yvy_cano Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yvy_cano Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 6:55pm
post #2 of 4

You might want to try it in something like this... http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Cake-in-a-Jar/Detail.aspx

terrig007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrig007 Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 7:02pm
post #3 of 4

This is how I do it when I send pound cakes (you're right-the best choice!) to my husband in Iraq. I use about half a roll of saran wrap and then another half roll of tin foil. I then wrap that in bubble wrap and stuff the remainder of the box with packing peanuts. So far there has never been a problem. HTH and I'm sure your friend will be overjoyed when it arrives.

Lesia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lesia Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 7:16pm
post #4 of 4

Well, I would not send a cake, because you never know how long until it will get there. I once got a 50lb box of cookies back 8 months after I had sent them out. In fact, my son came home from deployment before the cookies ever made it back from not being delivered. They had been around the world and returned to me as Tollhouse DUST! I would be afraid of it getting there only to be inedible, and an utter disappointment. I send my boys one of their favorites by substituting pre-packaged Sara Lee pound cake (make sure the expir date is at least several weeks out)and sending a plastic container full of home made non-perishable (or at least a very long shelf life) icing. That way they can have a little taste of home without worry of it spoiling enroute. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%