Forget Bridezilla, I Was Bakerzilla!!!

Decorating By Amy729 Updated 3 Aug 2008 , 8:39pm by ladyellam

Amy729 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amy729 Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 5:38am
post #1 of 8

Today was fondant day from he!! for me. Satin Ice was too sticky, Michelle Foster was too sticky, nothing was working and I had to do my John Deere tractor cake.

It really is a miracle that my husband isn't a widow. I think he may be in line for sainthood.

I seriously never new I could be such a "B".

The fondant wouldn't roll out, was sticking to the mat and the roller no matter if I used corn starch, ps or crisco. I think it was the humidity.

The party started at 4:00 and the cake got there at 4:30. Thankfully, she was o.k. with it making a "grand entrance".

Anyways, I am going to bed. Finally!!!

Bakerzilla icon_lol.gif

7 replies
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 6:54am
post #2 of 8

sometimes you just have those days... glad it worked out though. icon_smile.gif

daisysn2001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daisysn2001 Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 6:59am
post #3 of 8

AMEN thumbs_up.gif !!! Just so you know that you are NOT alone I too had the same problem on friday. The bride asked for a 4 tier cake with the middle layer being 8 inches, it didn't happen. It must be all the humidity I too couldn't get any recipe or anything I ran out and bought to work. I was paid to stay and cut the cake and all I wanted to do was drop and run. I agree our husbands must be saints if you were anything like I was. I have never screamed and cussed so much icon_mad.gif . Some days you wonder why you married them and other days like yesterday I don't know how I would do without him. I always feel so alone in my cake disasters and that I must be some kind of moron that day that nothing goes right. It is always nice to hear that others have/had the same issues and maybe I am not just a moron.

Amy729 Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 2:59pm
post #4 of 8

daisysn2001,

I know what you mean. I really try to watch my mouth (have 2 kids) and do really well most of the time.

But yesterday I would have made a sailor blush. (Kids were not around) I bet my blood pressure was stroke level. Seriously. Major Stress.

At least this weekend is OVER!!! (Cakes are for me)
My the next be better icon_smile.gif

Amy

Luby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Luby Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 4:11pm
post #5 of 8

Don't you just hate days like that!

My DH always keeps a low profile when I'm making cakes because if something goes wrong he says he scared when my other personality comes out icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

jolmk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jolmk Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 6:03pm
post #6 of 8

I too am glad the weekend is over, had to rebake three layers of my cake, icing wouldn't stick to the cake, flowers wouldn't stick to the icing.
My gumpaste wouldn't behave, if I rolled thin it stuck to the mat, too thick the flowers weren't drying. I hate humidity.

Jo

Amy729 Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 7:38pm
post #7 of 8

Oh yea, my gumpaste sat for days and wouldn't dry. Even in the oven w/the light on and under a fan.

Go figure! icon_smile.gif

ladyellam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyellam Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 8:39pm
post #8 of 8

I learned something from cake camp at a Geraldine
Randlesome's class. They now have a FDA grade silica bag you can place in your cardboard boxes that will help with humidity levels for your flowers or anything sculpted out of sugarpaste. She's been testing them out and says they are fantastic! Bronwen Weber also said they are really good!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%