Petit Fours

Decorating By Stogz Updated 1 Aug 2007 , 2:23pm by bobwonderbuns

Stogz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Stogz Posted 12 Jan 2007 , 3:53pm
post #1 of 13

Has anyone done an article on Petit Fours? I would like to make them for my grandparents 60th but I dont know where to start. If there is no article could someone share their secrets? Thanks for your help!

12 replies
JStar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JStar Posted 12 Jan 2007 , 5:08pm
post #2 of 13

I don't have an article but I have made them before. If you click on my photo's you can see them. They are basically a small bite sized cake (although you can make them bigger). It's usually made from a sturdy cake like pound cake etc and can be filled (layered) with preserves, buttercream or ganache. You can also infuse them with things like amaretto or grand marnier. You can cover the outside with ganache or a more traditional poured petit four glaze.

Mine were white and chocolate ganache, split into 3 layers.... around 3" tall and 3" wide (bigger than traditional).

You can find a BUNCH of info on petit fours if you google them.

Hope that helps icon_smile.gif

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Stogz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Stogz Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 3:16am
post #4 of 13

Thank you both so much for the info and sites to help me to make Petit fours. icon_smile.gif

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 31 Mar 2007 , 4:58pm
post #5 of 13

bumpa bumpa bumpa bumpa!! icon_biggrin.gif

goal4me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
goal4me Posted 10 Jul 2007 , 7:54pm
post #6 of 13

wonderfyl resource!

goal4me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
goal4me Posted 13 Jul 2007 , 5:29am
post #7 of 13

thanks for the references!

allycook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allycook Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 8:06pm
post #8 of 13

What a great help, Jan, as always.

OhMyGoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGoodies Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 9:51pm
post #9 of 13

Sorry to revive a dead post but man Jan you are great!!! Thanks for all those links and yes this is my way of saving lol.

bobwonderbuns Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 10:04pm
post #10 of 13

If anyone's keeping tabs on Ebay, Kathy Scott has the Petit Fours kits 1, 2 and 3 available now! icon_lol.gif

1234me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1234me Posted 1 Aug 2007 , 2:28am
post #11 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwonderbuns

If anyone's keeping tabs on Ebay, Kathy Scott has the Petit Fours kits 1, 2 and 3 available now! icon_lol.gif

looked for petit fours on ebay and Kathy Scott and came up with nothing icon_sad.gif

sunflowerfreak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunflowerfreak Posted 1 Aug 2007 , 2:40am
post #12 of 13

Here is a link to Kathy Scott's store on Ebay. These molds are so easy to use and they are really fool proof. They are a bit pricey but they are so worth the money. If you look into my photos, I have a picture of some petit fours but my pictures aren't very good but you can at least get an idea of what they look like.

http://stores.ebay.com/Sweet-Expressions-Silicone-Molds

bobwonderbuns Posted 1 Aug 2007 , 2:23pm
post #13 of 13

Kathy Scott's store name on Ebay is Sweetexpress. I've ordered from her lots of times and I've always had a great experience. Her stuff is top notch! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%