Crappy Picky Customers (Long)

Business By littlecake Updated 16 Apr 2013 , 9:40pm by Jess155

Jasmine33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jasmine33 Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 5:05pm
post #61 of 73

My hair is naturally wavy and now I want to get a straight perm! But my dh says it will kill my hair. lol

ASimpleBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ASimpleBaker Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 5:45pm
post #62 of 73

I just had to add my 2 cents worth. Since I am originally from the San Fernando Valley, and I was in high school in the 80's I was a...Gasp...A VALLEY GIRL...Like totally, did you like notice that my car totally matches my favorite skirt. Like...OH MY GOD...the beach was totally to die for...but like GAG ME did you see what that guy was wearing...

Whew...glad that is out of my system. I remember wearing the penny loafers with the penny as a preppie, then the neon colors, then the socks with the heels, leggings, and a skirt. I have naturally very curly hair and can we talk ...Like Totally Poofy?? LOL

marmalade1687 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marmalade1687 Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 8:30pm
post #63 of 73

SimpleBaker...No, no, no, don't make the talk come back!! I worked for like, a whole year, to totally get rid of talking like that in the 80's!! OH NO...I have consultations this weekend!! icon_surprised.gif Must...Stop...! tapedshut.gif

(Like Totally Poofy - LOL!! Haven't heard that one in a "few" years!!)

lanibird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lanibird Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 8:55pm
post #64 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASimpleBaker

I just had to add my 2 cents worth. Since I am originally from the San Fernando Valley, and I was in high school in the 80's I was a...Gasp...A VALLEY GIRL...Like totally, did you like notice that my car totally matches my favorite skirt. Like...OH MY GOD...the beach was totally to die for...but like GAG ME did you see what that guy was wearing...

Whew...glad that is out of my system. I remember wearing the penny loafers with the penny as a preppie, then the neon colors, then the socks with the heels, leggings, and a skirt. I have naturally very curly hair and can we talk ...Like Totally Poofy?? LOL

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 10:24pm
post #65 of 73

i miss big hair...there i said it...miss the farrah do too....

now all i wear is a pony tail.....on the top of my head....like a fountain....cause your hair can't touch your collar....now i feel weird with it down.

aww remember how cute richard marx was? and duran duran?

Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 10:28pm
post #66 of 73

Happy Birthday 2 days early, marmalade1687.

marmalade1687 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marmalade1687 Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 10:50pm
post #67 of 73

Thank you Mac...Happy early Birthday to you too (a couple of weeks early!!)! birthday.gifparty.gif

Dairyaire Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dairyaire Posted 14 Apr 2013 , 3:43pm
post #68 of 73

A

Original message sent by Mac

We're not gonna bake it!

No, we ain't gonna bake it!

We're not gonna bake it, anymore!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you...

I dedicate this to all the PACOOMA's out there! [IMG]/img/vbsmilies/smilies/icon_biggrin.gif[/IMG]

Dairyaire Posted 14 Apr 2013 , 4:28pm
post #69 of 73

AThanks for making me laugh! This tune is stuck in my head like my yummy toasted coconut buttercream frosting is stuck to the roof of my picky customers mouth. " your butter cream frosting tastes like butter and it coated the roof of my mouth" and "your filling is fine but I want it to make a statement but only half as much" and "this cake is acceptable, definitely better than the dry tasteless cornbread textured gluten free dairy free one " " the decoration is unappetizing but cute enough" "I like the coconut sprinkled on top but it looks like I could make this at home". Oops. I should have payed more attention to her complaining that no other bakery would call her back to do her special order. She only wants a few dozen cupcakes for a baby shower - reveal party. She wanted a tasting of all gluten and dairy free cupcakes and frostings. No artificial colors, favors, corn syrup etc... I said id be happy to give her samples after upcoming wedding tasting. She returned my calls two weeks after I gave her a box of assorted cupcakes and frostings for free. She complained about everything! She especially hated the cupcake that the couple choose as their wedding cake. She ate the cakes the next day after refrigerating them. She offered to buy two cupcakes the way I usually sell them all gluten all dairy. I gave her an assortment for free. She left a 10 min. message late last night with the above critique. Help! Suggestions! I have a very small shop in a very small town. I've had my shop 15 years. Never had a customer like this. She hasn't purchased anything and we don't have a contract. Her party is one month away.

Dairyaire Posted 14 Apr 2013 , 4:32pm
post #70 of 73

AThanks for making me laugh! This tune is stuck in my head like my yummy toasted coconut buttercream frosting is stuck to the roof of my picky customers mouth. " your butter cream frosting tastes like butter and it coated the roof of my mouth" and "your filling is fine but I want it to make a statement but only half as much" and "this cake is acceptable, definitely better than the dry tasteless cornbread textured gluten free dairy free one " " the decoration is unappetizing but cute enough" "I like the coconut sprinkled on top but it looks like I could make this at home". Oops. I should have payed more attention to her complaining that no other bakery would call her back to do her special order. She only wants a few dozen cupcakes for a baby shower - reveal party. She wanted a tasting of all gluten and dairy free cupcakes and frostings. No artificial colors, favors, corn syrup etc... I said id be happy to give her samples after upcoming wedding tasting. She returned my calls two weeks after I gave her a box of assorted cupcakes and frostings for free. She complained about everything! She especially hated the cupcake that the couple choose as their wedding cake. She ate the cakes the next day after refrigerating them. She offered to buy two cupcakes the way I usually sell them all gluten all dairy. I gave her an assortment for free. She left a 10 min. message late last night with the above critique. Help! Suggestions! I have a very small shop in a very small town. I've had my shop 15 years. Never had a customer like this. She hasn't purchased anything and we don't have a contract. Her party is one month away.

maybenot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maybenot Posted 16 Apr 2013 , 3:55am
post #71 of 73

She hasn't PURCHASED anything, but she's eaten plenty and she DOESN'T LIKE what you make.  It's not a personal thing.  It's just the way it is.  No one can please everyone.  Maybe no one can please her.............

I have a neighbor who runs a Chinese restaurant.  I like Chinese food, but I don't like his Chinese food.  I like him, he likes me, but I don't eat at his establishment.  No hard feelings.  It's just the way it is.

Response?  "Thanks for trying my baked goods.  It appears that we're not a good fit, as is sometimes the case. All the best with your event."

kikiandkyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kikiandkyle Posted 16 Apr 2013 , 4:38am
post #72 of 73

A

Original message sent by Dairyaire

Thanks for making me laugh! This tune is stuck in my head like my yummy toasted coconut buttercream frosting is stuck to the roof of my picky customers mouth. " your butter cream frosting tastes like butter and it coated the roof of my mouth" and "your filling is fine but I want it to make a statement but only half as much" and "this cake is acceptable, definitely better than the dry tasteless cornbread textured gluten free dairy free one " " the decoration is unappetizing but cute enough" "I like the coconut sprinkled on top but it looks like I could make this at home". Oops. I should have payed more attention to her complaining that no other bakery would call her back to do her special order. She only wants a few dozen cupcakes for a baby shower - reveal party. She wanted a tasting of all gluten and dairy free cupcakes and frostings. No artificial colors, favors, corn syrup etc... I said id be happy to give her samples after upcoming wedding tasting. She returned my calls two weeks after I gave her a box of assorted cupcakes and frostings for free. She complained about everything! She especially hated the cupcake that the couple choose as their wedding cake. She ate the cakes the next day after refrigerating them. She offered to buy two cupcakes the way I usually sell them all gluten all dairy. I gave her an assortment for free. She left a 10 min. message late last night with the above critique. Help! Suggestions! I have a very small shop in a very small town. I've had my shop 15 years. Never had a customer like this. She hasn't purchased anything and we don't have a contract. Her party is one month away.

That lady belongs on the no cake for you list.

Jess155 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jess155 Posted 16 Apr 2013 , 9:40pm
post #73 of 73

This thread is 5 years old... but still an interesting read.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%