How Would I Do Luau Lei Cookies???

Baking By MahalKita Updated 8 Aug 2008 , 1:40am by yvy_cano

MahalKita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MahalKita Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 3:26am
post #1 of 9

I am having a Luau for my twins 7th birthday. Unfortunately we have been invited to so many luaus in the past year & I don't want to do my usual cookies (hibiscus, surfboards, honus, hula skirts etc). My very artistic (but not baking artistic) friend suggested cookie leis. At first I was like you are nuts. Then I got it in my head & now I "have" to do them. But i can't figure out how. I am not talking about cookie leis big enough for the kids to wear. A normal favor size cookie that looks like a lei. Any idea how I would do this? Am I nuts??

Thanks in advance, Val icon_surprised.gif)

8 replies
Honeydukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honeydukes Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 8:46am
post #2 of 9

I found these. Maybe you could make them on a smaller scale.

http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Cookie-Lei

wyckedwytch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wyckedwytch Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 2:40pm
post #3 of 9

Remember when we all were kids and we strung macaroni on yarn (you know you did it).
Well, what if you make very small flower cookies( make a whole in them before baking) then string them on string candy or even gimp, and in between the cookies use either beads or cereal such as fruit loops or cheerio's.
I guess it depends on the age these are made for but, I bet 7 year old would love these....think candy necklaces!

What ever you choose, just have fun and enjoy the time with your kids, you could even have them string them or have all the kids at the party make their own!

MahalKita Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 6:45pm
post #4 of 9

THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! Both of you were a lot of help. I will be sure to post when they are done. icon_smile.gif

Solecito Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Solecito Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 7:26pm
post #5 of 9

I saw an idea here but I don't remember who made them. They are round cookies that have RI flowers attached to ir forming a lei.

Solecito Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 7:31pm
post #6 of 9

Found the picture, But again I don't remember who made them.
LL

MahalKita Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 11:10pm
post #7 of 9

OOOOOOOOH perfect Solecito. THANK YOU! I am going to try 2 ways & see which one works out best. Thanks again.

Solecito Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 3:13pm
post #8 of 9

Don't forget to post pictures.

yvy_cano Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yvy_cano Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 1:40am
post #9 of 9

I didnt find a lei but found these by glorious treats that might also work. Arent they adorable!
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%