Rice Krispie Treats, Please Help - Urgent

Decorating By kristi82 Updated 31 Jul 2008 , 7:32pm by mamacc

kristi82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kristi82 Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 7:12pm
post #1 of 3

I have to make a cake with what will look like an upside down martini glass shaped thing on top. I was thinking about using rice krispie treats in some way but I have never used them before. Is there something I need to know before I screw up and am out of ideas?? Do they stick to things easily? Help, I'm making this cake for Saturday, and it is Thursday. I'm decorating tomorrow. Please Help

2 replies
cakedout Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedout Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 7:29pm
post #2 of 3

Will you be using a long dowel to be the glass stem? Personally, I think I would use gumpaste formed over a plate or something for the base of the base of the glass, and attach it to the dowel somehow...

sorry i can't offer much more than that....maybe someone else has an idea.

mamacc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamacc Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 7:32pm
post #3 of 3

If it's just sitting on top of the cake can't you just carve cake? That sound like a shape that would be fine out of cake.

What is it you are trying to make? Anyway, the rice krispie treat recipe is on the back of the box. For more unstable shapes I leave out the butter and add a cup or so of extra RK's. I like to shape them while they are warm and then keep tweaking them as the cool and firm up. You can roll them on the table to smooth out the bumps.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%