Ok - This Made Me Laugh!!!

Decorating By SweetResults Updated 31 Jul 2008 , 8:35pm by andysprite

BlueRoseCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlueRoseCakes Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 6:57pm
post #31 of 39

You just know she asked the decorator how he did the cake, and he, not wanting to give away his secrets, told her the 'simple' steps. Just shows this woman doesn't have clue. Does she honestly think it's just that easy?!

KKC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKC Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 7:27pm
post #32 of 39

I've never known all the cake mixes to have the pound cake recipe on the back...maybe i just don't pay attention to it. It all just doesn't make sense to me...and since when do u roll fondant out as thinly as possible?

smoore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smoore Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 7:56pm
post #33 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staceface81

Ok, someone with spare time needs to follow these instructions 100% and then post a picture of the finished product. LOL

How much time could it take? You're using a box mix! icon_lol.gif The finished product (per her directions) would still have the fondant rolled out on the table beside the cake with some stickey butter cream on it. The rest is just magic!

Bibbidee, bobidee, BOO! icon_surprised.gif

lepaz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lepaz Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 8:14pm
post #34 of 39
Quote:
Quote:

oh you'll get a whale out of that all right - a bloated, decomposing beached whale. What a conversation piece.

Ha!! I almost choked on my lunch!!!!

CocoaBlondie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CocoaBlondie Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 8:20pm
post #35 of 39

I wish it was as simple as that icon_lol.gif Or maybe it's just me, I must be making to much of a big deal about this cake business icon_lol.gif

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 8:21pm
post #36 of 39

And once you roll out the fondant as thin as possible without crisco, powdered sugar or cornstarch under it how in the he?? are you going to get it off the counter?

CakeMakar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMakar Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 8:34pm
post #37 of 39

Ok, granted these are horrible instructions, but the part that leaves me confused...are they actually thinking they're giving instruction to the Israel cake or are you supposed to be making "your own" (albeit fugly) variation?
Kinda like how Semi-Homemade "makes" her replicas.

Jakap2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jakap2 Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 8:34pm
post #38 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggy2

And once you roll out the fondant as thin as possible without crisco, powdered sugar or cornstarch under it how in the he?? are you going to get it off the counter?

This is sooo good. I'm in tears just imagining the picture of someone trying to lift it...

andysprite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andysprite Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 8:35pm
post #39 of 39

Mindy may not know cakes, but her hair is adorable!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%