Front Display Window Ideas Help!!

Decorating By heavenlys Updated 7 Aug 2008 , 11:57am by heavenlys

heavenlys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heavenlys Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 6:20pm
post #1 of 7

I am desperately needing to change out my display window. Right now we have a beach theme. But I have been working soooo much my brain has been totally drained that I can seem to find inspiration. SO I wondered what you great and creative people would do with my fornt window. It is about 14 feet across and 5 ft deep. so design away. SAve me from causing anymore damage to my brain!!!!!
TIA

6 replies
spunkybear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spunkybear Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 6:34pm
post #2 of 7

I was in Michaels last night and they already have Halloween and fall things out...????... You could always go that route and get people thinking and planning for the next season to come along. Just a thought...
It would be a good way to drum up future business at least. Maybe some fall wedding??

LetThereBeCake07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LetThereBeCake07 Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 6:44pm
post #3 of 7

I wouldnt do halloween but stick with fall, that way it carriesyou though November. You could put out some great fall color material and "sprinkle" fall leaves on it. Maybe even a cake with fall colors or brown ribbon.

lisad1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lisad1 Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 2:24am
post #4 of 7

I assume your front display is for a bakery, right? You would probably want to gear it toward your bread and butter...do you specialize in wedding cakes or specialty cakes, cookies?

Specialty cakes...
You could have a back to school/fall theme. Fabrics in fall colors,
Cakes with different themes ... like a school bus, sports related (like a field with football), etc placing themed cookies throughout like fall leaves...

Wedding Cakes -
I'd check out whatever the hot color is for fall and go from there.

If you give a few more specifics on what you sell HEAVENLYS I'd even draw you a picture...

janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 2:36am
post #5 of 7

Oh what I would give for a storefront window.....*dreamy*

I was thinking back to school - but one other thing you could do is a kids birthday extravaganza!! My daughter will be 2 in September and ALL of her friends birthdays are coming up.

When we went to do the hospital walk through (2 years ago) the nurse said that she couldn't remember having more moms to be there at once - everyone was due at the end of August or in September.

i also like the fall idea - more fall, less Halloween.

good luck!! take pictures of what you decide to do.

282513 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
282513 Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 2:49am
post #6 of 7

I like back to school too. There is so much you can do with it. Maybe set up a little desk with "school supplies" made out of cookies or candy. Have some lunch bags set out with goodies, "yours of course" and sports could be an entire window display in itself!
Or do something totally different and do a girly girl window with all kinds of fun stuff! There doesn't need to be a reason to have some fun!
My favorite would be to decorate for a birthday party and put your goodies and a very large cake in the window!

heavenlys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heavenlys Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 11:57am
post #7 of 7

Thanks for all the suggestions! Sorry it took me so long to get back to the thread. We have been swamped. As for what kinds of things we make at the bakery. we do all kinds of cakes, cookies, pastries and we serve lunch and cater too.

And since I have been so busy the window is still the same.
Thnaks again for the the great suggestions

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%