I Laughed, I Cried- You Must Check This Out!

Decorating By dttcb Updated 31 Jul 2008 , 7:50pm by marybible

dttcb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dttcb Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 4:16am
post #1 of 28

Ok, I am a die-hard CC addict, and I also check out other cake sites, all of which leave me wanting more, hence my WAY out-of-control addiction to CC.

However, I have found a new blog that had me crying laughing SO hard! And I will be visiting it everyday for new posts...

http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com

As one who "does" cakes, I could not believe my eyes...and the author's commentary is brilliant!!!

Even my DH checked it out, and HE was laughing uncontrollably!!

Just had to share...if you need a good belly laugh, RUN to this blog!!!

Debbie

thumbs_up.gif

27 replies
mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 1:47pm
post #2 of 28

I have not been on that site in a while. I forgot all about it actually. Thanks for bringing it up. I think it's so funny!

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 5:13pm
post #3 of 28

OMG...some of those cakes were hysterical....how 'bout the lady giving birth on the cake? Ugh.....his comments were very funny....thanks!

Tashablueyes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tashablueyes Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 5:24pm
post #4 of 28

I love it! And my husband even stopped and read a few. That's really something.

poshcakedesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poshcakedesigns Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 5:40pm
post #5 of 28

icon_lol.gif

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 5:40pm
post #6 of 28

What's that banana, apricot & strawberry wedding 'cake' about?! Is it some kind of cultural custom I'm not aware of?! Bizzare lol!

luvscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvscakes Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 5:49pm
post #7 of 28

Too funny! thanks for sharing! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Tashablueyes Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 5:51pm
post #8 of 28

OMG! The whole sleeping baby cake... super creepy! And then what did I do? I clicked on the youtube video. ICK.

loriana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriana Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 5:51pm
post #9 of 28

I've been visitng them every now and then for the last few months. My favorite is the tartan cake. THose poor people gave this decorator a fabric swatch and this picture to model after. Did you see what the baker ACTUALLY DELIVERED??????? I mean... if my cake was that bad, I wouldnt deliver it? All evidence would be destroyed. Sheesh!!!

It's about halfway down their page:
http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/search/label/Oh-So-Ugly

marknelliesmum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marknelliesmum Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 5:57pm
post #10 of 28

Oh yeah this site is fab...my favourite is also the tartan cake. The tears were streaming down my face and i could barely breath for laughing when I saw it - this is a real tonic if you are feeling low.
icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Tootall Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tootall Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 6:01pm
post #11 of 28

Oh the tartan cake! icon_eek.gif I saw that and thought, "aw, a family member did it and that's as good as they could do" then I saw that these are supposedly professional cakes! Eek!! No way would I allow someone to pay for that! I'd be mortified if it were a FREE cake! icon_lol.gif I love that site. Her comments are hilarious icon_biggrin.gif I check it every day to see if there's something new icon_smile.gif

Tellis12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tellis12 Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 6:05pm
post #12 of 28

This is hilarious! It's good to have something funny about cakes. I think we take ourselves too seriously too often!

Tashablueyes Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 6:08pm
post #13 of 28

Seriously, when I saw that plaid cake on "stolen" cakes page I thought she'd just intentionally slapped together the ugliest cake she could for her spoof site... now that I realize somebody not only presented that cake to someone for the WEDDING, but also CHARGED for it, I am terrified that this person is out there walking around on our planet. Are you kidding? I'd rather have a Twinkie cake...with a fountain and stairs.

need2sleep Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
need2sleep Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 6:25pm
post #14 of 28

Thanks guys for posting this site!! I laughed til my stomach couldn't take it anymore.

Tellis12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tellis12 Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 6:31pm
post #15 of 28

Yeah....I'm not sure about that plaid cake. I think, more than any of the others I saw, you have to ask, "what were they thinking?" Because I can almost understand some of those ugly cakes; heck, if I'd made some of them at the beginning of my caking days, I'd have probably been proud of myself! But that one...how do you charge for cakes if that's what you do? I don't get that one.

yayadesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yayadesigns Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 6:35pm
post #16 of 28

That site is hilarious! What about the bound foot cake...did you see the toenails? Ugh!

Franluvsfrosting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Franluvsfrosting Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 6:46pm
post #17 of 28

Wow! I was laughing too loudly and my kids came to see what was happening. Unfortunately just as I got to that nasty "nekkid woman having a baby" cake.

I am however the fastest scroller in the west so I didn't have to have q&a time! icon_biggrin.gif

yayadesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yayadesigns Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 6:50pm
post #18 of 28

Ok...has anyone made it to the Fireman/Costco cake story? I cannot stop laughing...I am about to pee my pants!

Eileenscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eileenscakes Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 7:14pm
post #19 of 28

The tears are rollin' down my face I am laughing so hard!!! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif I am at work and the lady next to me just asked if I was OK...she thought I was crying!!! Thanks for sharing... thumbs_up.gif

Tootall Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 7:38pm
post #20 of 28

I had to explain the fireman cake to my hubby, of all people!! I sent it to him and he was like "I don't get it. What's so funny?" I said Uh, FLESHtone is not the color I'd have chosen for the fireman's hose icon_twisted.gif

loriana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriana Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 8:25pm
post #21 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayadesigns

Ok...has anyone made it to the Fireman/Costco cake story? I cannot stop laughing...I am about to pee my pants!

OMG I did! That story was classic. Such a man. My husband went into Kroger once, he thought I wandered down another isle but I was just behind him and heard him say to the florist, "I don't know what my mom likes!, just make me a bouquet of something"

That's how that fireman got on that cake. Leave it to men icon_lol.gif

HappyValley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HappyValley Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 8:34pm
post #22 of 28

That is so funny! I loved the site! thumbs_up.gif

MosMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MosMom Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 8:35pm
post #23 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by adven68

OMG...some of those cakes were hysterical....how 'bout the lady giving birth on the cake? Ugh.....his comments were very funny....thanks!

I did a baby shower cake for a woman who was trying to avoid having her aunt bring the cake. The aunt was insisting on doing that exact "giving birth" cake. She kept telling her aunt "no no, I've already purchased a cake." but she kept insisting.

She ended up doing the birthing cake and put it right next to my cake. She suggested keeping the birthing cake on another table with the excuse of needing room but auntie wasn't having it. LOL

aundrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundrea Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 8:45pm
post #24 of 28

wow! very funny! thanks for sharing.

Tootall Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 9:28pm
post #25 of 28

Oh the birthing cake is NASTY :p I can see it as a JOKE or something, but I could never do one for a shower!! icon_eek.gif People would freak icon_lol.gif

fluttercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fluttercakes Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 3:17am
post #26 of 28

OMG, I am definitely booking that site! Hilarious!!! The Fireman story had to be the BEST one...but a couple other ones came extremely close! Love it...thanks for sharing thumbs_up.gif

nickshalfpint Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickshalfpint Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 4:12am
post #27 of 28

OMG! My DH and I looked at all the cakes and were laughing so hard that I drooled on myself. It was that cake that started it all that got me. I couldn't stop laughing! Thank you so much for posting this. I've had the WORST week you could imaging and I needed a good laugh! Kristen

marybible Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marybible Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 7:50pm
post #28 of 28

I can't get over the woman giving birth cake!! I can honestly say I have never seen anything like it!! TOO FUNNY.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%