Prayer Requests Please For My Cousin!

Lounge By Suzycakes Updated 17 Aug 2008 , 1:17pm by lami

Suzycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suzycakes Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 3:46am
post #1 of 19

I just want to ask you to pray with me for my cousin - she is only 46 - and just found out last week that she has cancer. They have found some spots on her lungs and biopsied those -- no results from that yet -- but at the same time they have also located 6 lesions in her brain that have already caused numbness in her left arm and her right leg along with blurred vision. One of the lesions is very near her brain stem, one is near an optic nerve and one is deep in the brain. These lesions went from 2 - two weeks ago to 6 within ten days. She suffered a seizure Sunday after being admitted to the hospital - but has pretty well recovered from it already.

They started her on radiation therapy today on her brain lesions - trying to shrink those. She felt better today and was actually able to walk - which she could not do yesterday due to the numbness in her right leg. I am hoping they will be starting some type of treatment for the cancer in her lungs soon too.

The diagnosis is not good - but her attitude and will to fight is remarkable! She is determined that she will beat this cancer - I pray she is right.

She has one daughter that is starting her first semester of college in a few weeks, a great husband and a brother. Her mother and father both died of cancer withing 14 months of each other. So she knows what cancer is and what it can do - but she is a beacon of hope --

This is really hard to talk about and even harder to try to comprehend the severity of her illness. She was just fine 4 weeks ago -- and then all of the sudden what she thought was a sinus infection turns out to be terminal cancer.

Her name is Angela - but everyone has always called her Angel!! She is my closest cousin and there is only a few months difference in our age. I appreciate your time reading this and am grateful for any prayers or good thoughts that you can send Angels way.

Thanks and God Bless Each And Everyone One Of You!

Suze

18 replies
cakes21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes21 Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 4:15am
post #2 of 19

What a horrible thing to be going through. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Bijoudelanuit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bijoudelanuit Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 12:47pm
post #3 of 19

My thoughts and love are with you and your family, I'm so sorry to hear of your difficult time.

maggiev777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maggiev777 Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 12:53pm
post #4 of 19

I am so very sorry. I will keep you all in my prayers.

Jannie92869 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jannie92869 Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 1:01pm
post #5 of 19

I pray that your Angel will receive comfort from all the stresses and pains that she must endure during this time. I pray for her strength and patience. I pray that she will know that God is with her and that He will never leave her.

I also pray for you and the rest of the family...I pray for your personal strength as well...stand strong and be encouraged.

God Bless You

Jannie92869 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jannie92869 Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 1:02pm
post #6 of 19

I pray that your Angel will receive comfort from all the stresses and pains that she must endure during this time. I pray for her strength and patience. I pray that she will know that God is with her and that He will never leave her.

I also pray for you and the rest of the family...I pray for your personal strength as well...stand strong and be encouraged.

God Bless You

kjt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjt Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 3:50pm
post #7 of 19

I am so sorry that this is happening to you and your family. Please know that I will lift you up in my prayers. May God give you comfort and strength.

dragonflydreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonflydreams Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 4:20pm
post #8 of 19

. . . lifting your "Angel" up in prayer . . . and asking the He be very close to all of you at this difficult time . . .

ladyellam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyellam Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 5:29pm
post #9 of 19

May God heal and comfort your Angel. I will be keeping you all in my prayers.

Suzycakes Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 8:29pm
post #10 of 19

Bless each of you -- it is so heartwarming to read your prayers and words of encouragement.

I will be sharing these with Angel.

Thanks so much!

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 4:32pm
post #11 of 19

Lifting you up in prayer that God will provide a miracle and heal Angel and that He will wrap His loving arms around you in strength and comfort.

KKC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKC Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 6:25am
post #12 of 19

You will be in my prayers <<<<HUGS>>>>

itsmylife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsmylife Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 12:35am
post #13 of 19

I pray that you, 'Angel' and her family receive strength and healing during this difficult time.

My heart goes out to you all.

((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))

Denise

kimmypooh79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimmypooh79 Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 8:16am
post #14 of 19

Praying for her.

Suzycakes Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 3:31am
post #15 of 19

Thank you all so much. It means so much to me and to Angel and her family.

The news and prognosis is not good. They received the biopsey report back from Mayo today and it is a very aggressive form of lung cancer that has spread to her brain.

She has had 4 radiology treatments, after the 4th one of Friday she started suffering from a headache and by Saturday morning she could not walk. They rushed her back to the ER and the CT scan shows that her brain is swelling. The DR thinks it is from the radiology treatment. She has also been very sick at her stomach since then too.

They are keeping her heavily sedated with pain medicine, she wakes for a few seconds at a time, recognizes whoever is there then goes right back to sleep.

The Dr today said she could pass away at any time and would have no longer than a month to live.

I just have to keep repeating 'God's Plan' to myself over and over again!

Thanks for listening . . . and I'm sending prayers of happiness and great health you way.

Suze

marknelliesmum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marknelliesmum Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 12:29pm
post #16 of 19

Thinking about and praying for you both. She is very aptly named - I'm sure the Angels will be watching over you both and give you the strength to get through this.

twooten173 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twooten173 Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 4:46am
post #17 of 19

Your cousin and family are in my prayers.

DecoratingDingbat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DecoratingDingbat Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 4:51am
post #18 of 19

I have no words to ease your family's pain, but my thoughts and prayers are with you and all your loved ones.

lami Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lami Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 1:17pm
post #19 of 19

God's report supercedes the doctor's report. Whatever God decides concerning your cousin, remember that He works everything out for good concerning His children. Minister Christ to her so that if God decides to call her home it will be to rest in His bossom, to be free from pain and the cares of the world. On the other hand if He decides to give her more years on earth, she will serve Him and do His will. She has been added to my prayer list.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%