Can Someone Help Me, How To Fix This??

Decorating By Katie-Bug Updated 30 Jul 2008 , 11:29pm by Jayde

Katie-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katie-Bug Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 3:17am
post #1 of 5

Here is the dummy cake that I have been working on for my fair. I am out of fondant, can't buy any in my town..so...

Here is the photos of the bottom tier and then the next tier is beside it. What is some why I can decorate the bottom to cover up all the mess or is there a way?? Should I just make the cake a two tier instead of a three??

Thanks so much!!!
LL
LL
LL

4 replies
TJCanadian Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TJCanadian Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 3:21am
post #2 of 5

You could cut the fondant in a pattern closer to the top of the cake, like triangles down from the top on the sides (if you have enough) then use royal icing to ice the bottom half and do coroneli lace pattern and a border between top and bottom

kimmypooh79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimmypooh79 Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 7:31am
post #3 of 5

I live in Manchester, TN. Don't you have a walmart there??? I thought every town had a walmart...lol. I had a cake emergency today and had to run out and get some of that wilton fondant....nasty but if it's just for a dummy cake then that shouldn't be a problem.

Katie-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katie-Bug Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 2:13pm
post #4 of 5

Yeah, we have a Wal-Mart and they just remodeled and done away with the cake stuff, the material, the fish, a bunch of the old departments.

Thanks for the idea, I am going to try it now. It should help cover it, and look pretty cool too. I'll post another photo soon. Thanks so much!!! thumbs_up.gif

Jayde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jayde Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 11:29pm
post #5 of 5

You can make your own fondant. I use MMF or marshmallow fondant all the time.

Just take a bag of mini marshamallows and add about 2 -3 tbsp water and microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between, until all of the marshamallows are melted.

Next stir in your color. Then add sifted powdered sugar mixing well, until your fondant reaches a play-doh like consistancy. Grease your hands liberally with shortening in order to keep the fondant non-sticky.

You can look up MMF in the recipes section, and there will be more detailed instructions I am sure. Feel free to PM me if you have questions!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%