Finished My First Wedding Cake!!!

Decorating By yummymummy Updated 29 Jul 2008 , 3:25pm by yummymummy

yummymummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummymummy Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 3:02pm
post #1 of 5

Well, I did it! Thanks to all that helped w/ their suggestions over the past few months. I won't be doing any more cakes for pay though. It's so stressful, and w/ lots of little ones running around the house, I think I could pull my hair out sometimes. Let's just say my bottle of Tylenol is pretty empty!! icon_lol.gif This was only my second try at square cakes and I really like how it turned out. There were also 2 12 x 18 kitchen cakes too.

The only problem I had was that the coordinator of events for the wedding was a pompous jerk! He refused to sign the release form for the cake agreeing that it was stable and sound in structure. I didn't argue because I had it in the contract that the bride signed in no uncertain terms that I was not responsible for the cake after I left the site for any reason! thumbs_up.gif

Anyway, Here's the link and thanks for looking!! I tip my hat to all of you that do this for a living. BRAVO!!! icon_biggrin.gif

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1248302.html

4 replies
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 3:07pm
post #2 of 5

awww it's lovely! great job!

jessfmaldonado Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessfmaldonado Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 3:12pm
post #3 of 5

Gorgeous, Went right into my favs!!!!! Your cakes are beautiful!!!! Hopefully one day you can start selling cakes again! I understand the stress with little ones around. My two make me think what am I doing everyday!!! lol. However, I don't think I can ever be without the Two things I love the most, Well I guess Three: Kids, Cake, and Hubby!!! hehe. In that order hehe!!! icon_lol.gificon_biggrin.gif

Wonderful job on your cake!!!!!

Jessica

snowshoe1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowshoe1 Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 3:14pm
post #4 of 5

Congrats! It's stunning - both the cake and the display. Love the side designs.

yummymummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummymummy Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 3:25pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks!! I would love to continue decorating! Maybe when my 2 youngest are older I can find a catering company willing to hire me. I think I would rather work under someone and do the decorating. No need to worry about the business side of it too much! I just come in, do what I do best, and I'm done. icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%