Coworker Leaving - Suggestion Needed By Tomorrow, Please

Decorating By gingoreilly Updated 28 Jul 2008 , 9:35pm by gingoreilly

gingoreilly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gingoreilly Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 9:01pm
post #1 of 5

Ok, I was asked to do a cake for a coworker and friend who will be leaving the company tomorrow. It is kind of a cake that she has been wanting to leave for a long time (just not getting along with the boss who is also head of the company) and just finally got the opportunity to leave. I am trying to do something tasteful but also something kind of funny, but not offending the boss. So we came up with this idea. I made a birdcage out of fondant and painted it gold. I am going to make the cake look like a table draped with a cloth. i will put the birdcage on the table and then have the door open or on the ground (if I can't attach it) and then the bird sitting outside of the cage. I want a cute farewell phrase, but I can't think of anything to go with the scenario. Any suggstions? Also, should I put anything else on the table? I was going to put a card on there with the cute phrase. Any help will be much appreciated!!

Oh and I ran this by HR to make sure it wasn't offending and they said it was ok! I like my job..hehe.

Thank you!

4 replies
tmt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tmt Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 9:11pm
post #2 of 5

"Congratulations on leaving the nest"

"we'll miss you when you leave the nest"

"spread your wings and fly"

none of these really say good-bye but kind of a farewell. maybe it will get the wheels turning for you.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 9:11pm
post #3 of 5

how about?? "free as a bird, now spread your wings"
"flying the coup? Good luck!"
"Hope you soar at your new job"

shellzey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shellzey Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 9:24pm
post #4 of 5

you could always make a cat that looks like your boss sitting on the corner of the cake ready to eat the bird LOL

JUST KIDDING!!!! icon_lol.gif

gingoreilly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gingoreilly Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 9:35pm
post #5 of 5

ha ha! That is funny about the cat!

Thanks everyone for your quick responses!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%