Hotel Kitchen Opportunity...advice?

Business By doughdough Updated 26 Jul 2008 , 6:36pm by doughdough

doughdough Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doughdough Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 1:42pm
post #1 of 3

I might have an opportunity to use a hotel kitchen that is only in use for breakfast (I could use it anytime after late-morning). I was just curious if anyone has done this before, and if it is a good thing to do.

I will be going to check out the kitchen in the next couple of weeks, and we'll talk about a rental fee (which I want to pay by % of my profits, not an hourly rate if possible!). I guess I'll just have to see what the hotel owner has in mind...luckily I know her and hopefully she'll give me a good deal!

2 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 2:05pm
post #2 of 3

They are willing to give you a rental fee of a % of your profit and not a percent of your sales???? icon_surprised.gif Geesh, you better grab that deal!

As a kitchen owner who is willing to rent out her down time, I would never rent on a percentage basis. Someone spends 5 hours in my kitchen, using my electric, my $50K equipment, to make a $50 cake and pays me 10% which works out to be a lousy $5? No way.

doughdough Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doughdough Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 6:36pm
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

They are willing to give you a rental fee of a % of your profit and not a percent of your sales???? icon_surprised.gif

I really don't know at this point how I would be paying...the person I know and have talked to about it has never let anyone use the kitchen on down time before, so I'm not sure she knows what rental fee she wants, or what would be fair.

I certainly don't want to be a cheapskate and not pay a fair rate...but on the other hand I don't want to be shelling out a ton of $$$ when I'm not even sure how busy I will be to start with.

This is me sticking my toe in the water and seeing how saught after my work really is!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%