Cherry Blossom Cake

Decorating By matwogirls Updated 26 Jul 2008 , 11:23pm by matwogirls

matwogirls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
matwogirls Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 9:00pm
post #1 of 7

So if I shape the branches and flowers out of fondant, how do I apply them to the cake that is iced with buttercream? Will it just stick if I press them on the sides? What happens if the buttercream has already crusted over?

thanks
Janice

I just found this pick online to serve as an example for all my questions this week:
LL

6 replies
Charmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmed Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 2:09am
post #2 of 7

you can use royal icing as your glue

matwogirls Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 6:59pm
post #3 of 7

Thank you so much for replying. Is there any other suggestions out there? I haven't made royal icing for so long and would preffer not to have to make another batch of something that will go to waste.

Anyone please?

Janice

matwogirls Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 7:00pm
post #4 of 7

sorry if these are silly questions, I just have no idea

Janice

Edit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Edit Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 7:08pm
post #5 of 7

If the branches wouldn't stick to the crusted buttercream, try to attach it with small dots of buttercream. That would save you the time of making RI, which I'm not sure it would dry on buttercream. (I haven't tried it, only on fondant).

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 7:11pm
post #6 of 7

I would try using buttercream as well.
And there are no silly questions here. So there!

matwogirls Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 11:23pm
post #7 of 7

ok, thanks so much. icon_smile.gif I was going to make the flowers so that they can dry. It did not even register to make the branches early to dry too. icon_redface.gif Sometimes I just have to shake my head at myself. When I had my girls I knew that I would love them with all my heart, but no one told me I would loose half my brain. icon_cry.gificon_surprised.gificon_cry.gif . I guess I came out ahead anyways so thumbs_up.gif

Thanks
Janice

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%