Editable Imagining Question Please Someone Help!

Decorating By Molly2 Updated 25 Jul 2008 , 4:40pm by Molly2

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 1:53am
post #1 of 9

I am going to be making a cake with a editable image on top it will be a 2 layer ½ sheet cake with a oval shaped cake on top with the image what I want to do is make the picture look like itâs on a sheet of paper that is torn around the edges and kind of rolled up does anyone know how I would do that.

Molly2

8 replies
Dee1219 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dee1219 Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 3:23am
post #2 of 9

I am not sure on that one, with regular paper you would light it with a match then blow it out, but with the edible image.......hmmm......what if you ripped the edges then sponged a little bit of brown on it mixed with a slight yellow to make it look old? HTH

ladyonzlake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyonzlake Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 3:42am
post #3 of 9

Yes, I did that with my golden anniversary book cake. You make your page out of fondant. I rolled the edges around a skewer. I didn't do the torn edges but you could play around with it by tearing it or using different modeling tools to get the effect.

Print your photo and place on your fondant page.

My picture is on my website.

Linliv46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Linliv46 Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 3:48am
post #4 of 9

Molly,I think you would have to do all your edges and such to your photo in a Photshop, Paint shop pro or some kind of editing softwear and then load it from the file to your edible image paper to print!

Linda

Molly2 Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 4:29am
post #5 of 9

Thank you all for your help! ladyonzlake that is what I want. I looked high and low for your cake I had seen it before but forgot to put it in my favs. I have a guy that wants a cake made for his wife B-Day she runs in different marathons, he wants to incorporate that theme into the cake but I'm thinking it shouldn't be to High Schoolish so I wanted to put some kind of elegant into it. He sending a picture of her running and now he wants flowers around it along with the image on top of the cake I am racking my brain as to how to decorate this cake Iâm thinking his wife may want something pretty not to sporty ALL IDEAS ARE WELCOME!

Thank you
Molly2

ladyonzlake Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 4:50am
post #6 of 9

What if you do a "photo album" cake? Have him send different pictures of her and make it look like a scrap album?

Molly2 Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 11:38am
post #7 of 9

I've thought about that to I really want it to be something very pretty and not to High schoolish since she is a grown adult.

Molly

ladyonzlake Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 1:54pm
post #8 of 9

This idea isn't elegant but what about 3-D running shoes?

Molly2 Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 4:40pm
post #9 of 9

That is a great idea but where could I get instructions for that?

Molly@

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%