Whipped Cream Topping

Decorating By Rosie932 Updated 23 Jul 2008 , 8:15pm by edith123

Rosie932 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie932 Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 7:15pm
post #1 of 7

Why does whipped cream sometimes get watery? I'd love to do a whip cream topping but I'm afraid it will turn watery. Any ideas? By the way, I kind of need an answer right away cause I'm doing it tonight. Thanks

Rosie

6 replies
Lorendabug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lorendabug Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 7:23pm
post #2 of 7

I use a product called pastry pride. It has built in stabilizers. I get it a Smart and Final.

ColeAlayne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ColeAlayne Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 7:43pm
post #3 of 7

I sometimes make buttercream using heavy whipping cream in place of milk. It never gets watery and is a lighter option.

mariela_ms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mariela_ms Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 7:44pm
post #4 of 7

I love the taste and feel of Pastry pride! When I want to make whipped cream cheese frosting, I just whip up my Pastry pride, and I whip up cream cheese on a separate bowl once it has been softened. Then I just fold it in with the pastry pride and it's delicious!!!

My family loves it! HOpe you can find Pastry Pride in your area!!

norma20 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
norma20 Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 7:46pm
post #5 of 7

Go to "How do I?" page, scroll down and you'll find a tread about "Whip Cream Frosting".

milissasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milissasmom Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 8:00pm
post #6 of 7

Really?? Strange...I have never ever had my whipped cream frosting get watery EVER and I have used the same recipe for years. I dont know. I guess you can try Pastry Pride ( have never used it). I will PM you my whipped cream recipe (regular and stabilized versions). They are BOTH awesome! Good luck

edith123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
edith123 Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 8:15pm
post #7 of 7

milissasmom would you mind sharing your recipe with me too? Maybe if you don't mind you can pm me too.
thankyou! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%