What's Your Best Butter

Decorating By bobhope Updated 25 Jul 2008 , 11:56pm by bobhope

bobhope Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobhope Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 4:19pm
post #1 of 6

pound cake & filling combination? i have 2 birthday cake orders for fri (for one person, a 13 yr old boy)..one is chocolate & the other cake is up to me. i'm thinking of butter pound cake, but i'm not sure what filling would go best w/ the butter pound cake.. i'm thinking of vanilla filling??..anyone who can suggest/recommend a really yummy filling to go w/ it? would really appreciate it..thanks in adv icon_smile.gif ...btw, my pound cake recipe has vanilla & orange extracts in it

bobbie

5 replies
crystalina1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crystalina1977 Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 10:56pm
post #2 of 6

what about something with strawberry?

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 24 Jul 2008 , 1:48pm
post #3 of 6

do the orange and vanilla filling, like make an orange-vanilla buttercream. it will smell and taste heavenly.

bobhope Posted 24 Jul 2008 , 2:21pm
post #4 of 6

thanks for the "strawberry" suggestion crystalina icon_smile.gif

& guess what denise, i was just toying w/ the idea of vanilla & orange bc this am..gee, thanks for bringing that up, w/ your suggestion, i'm feel good now that it's the right thing to do icon_smile.gif

bobbie

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 7:30am
post #5 of 6

oh i just got that idea from here. i made a cake for my grandma's birthday and i used an orange-vanilla frosting and it tasted soooo good. your kitchen will smell like popsicles icon_smile.gif

bobhope Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 11:56pm
post #6 of 6

you're right, it was delish. they liked it at the party..thanks icon_biggrin.gif
will post pix in awhile...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%