Help Please!!!

Decorating By Molly2 Updated 23 Jul 2008 , 4:22am by OCakes

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 2:08am
post #1 of 8

CC Friends I need your Help
I have been asked to make a cake that serves 80 people the theme of the cake should have something to do with Marathon Running and its for a lady also her hubby would like for it to have her picture on it I have everything to do that with I just need a idea any ideas are appreciated:
For A lady
Theme Marathon Runner
Would like editable image on top
Needs to serve 80
Molly2

7 replies
sadiepix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadiepix Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 2:46am
post #2 of 8

Adding this to bump you up too-

Maybe make the cake a track with her pic in the center and little upright figures running the track, with a ribbon finish line at one spot?

Make running shoes or a jersey with number paper to adorn the cake, plus her pic?

Hopefully the others will have good ideas too!

Sounds like a fun cake!

SweetResults Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetResults Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 3:29am
post #3 of 8

I would do a tiered cake with a gumpaste or fondant pair of sneakers on the top. Maybe get a few different pictures of her to place around the middle tier and some fondant silhouettes of runners running around the base tier.

Molly2 Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 3:43am
post #4 of 8

Good ideas does anyone have a good pattern of shoes for adult

Molly2 thumbs_up.gif

SweetResults Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetResults Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 3:57am
post #5 of 8

I don't have a pattern, but for a small pair of sneakers I just molded them freehand from fondant - they were not put together like a pair of women's shoes, I just started with an oval of fondant and went at it. They came out okay, not the best. I have made better RKT cleats - did you check the templates gallery? Maybe there is something there?
LL

Molly2 Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 4:06am
post #6 of 8

I love your cake I did look at the templates but I didn't see any not for the adult look

Thank you for your help

Molly2

michellesArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellesArt Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 4:08am
post #7 of 8

there's templates there for baby runners-just make the template bigger? or i seem to remember a nike cake or topper-i would definately do a search though and see what comes up good luck

OCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OCakes Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 4:22am
post #8 of 8

I made a pair of men's shoes before, using the "puffed heart" pan - the shoes were slightly small scale, but easily carved from that pan - maybe too big to top a cake with though. I would think you could even use a small round cake to carve running shoes - use the cut-off pieces to give the opening & "tie area" a bit more height..... sorry, I don't have a pic of that cake! Good luck, I think this is a GREAT idea. It would also be cute to have a few runners encircling the cake, and have her closest to the finish line =)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%