Giant Cupcake

Decorating By forgetmeknot Updated 23 Jul 2008 , 12:02am by brendaonline

forgetmeknot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
forgetmeknot Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 8:23pm
post #1 of 4

I am looking for help with decorating ideas for a cake. I am using the WIlton Giant Cupcake (3D) pan. I was trying to look for pictures also but there are so many it was getting tough to wade through them all. It's not really for anything except that I want to try it out before I HAVE to use it and I will be taking the cake to a family reunion this weekend. I don't know how to frost the top and like I said couldn't find any pictures for ideas... Help! lol
Thanks!

3 replies
tnt320to Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tnt320to Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 8:32pm
post #2 of 4

Hi forgetmeknot,

I recently got this pan myself and have only used it once. I really enjoyed it. I was able to find some pics on cc when I searched for giant cupcake. I will attemp to attach a picture of the one I made. I used the largest round tip I had. I can't remember the number. I know it wasn't the standard 12 I use alot. It was much bigger. Maybe 300 and something. Anyway, I used my cake icer tip for the bottom and smoothed it with a Viva paper towel after it crusted and used a dowel to give the look of the cupcake wrapper. Then I just went round and round with the round tip to make the little tip at the top. the littel banner was made of gumpaste. I hope that helped!
LL

crystalina1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crystalina1977 Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 10:27pm
post #3 of 4

i have seen some of these giant cupcakes covered in lots of smaller swirls of frosting, fondant cherry on top and sprinkles

brendaonline Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brendaonline Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 12:02am
post #4 of 4

I did one a few weeks ago. I made rosettes all over the top with a 1M or something very similar, and I liked the way it looked. It's in my photos.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%