My People Are Ugly!!! Help!!!

Decorating By SOULLA13 Updated 23 Jul 2008 , 5:52am by cupsncakes

SOULLA13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SOULLA13 Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 2:34pm
post #1 of 5

Hi there,

I am desperatly trying to make fondant people that look good, i realize this is something that takes time to perfect but i just need someone to show me a few basics. Ive tried looking for a tutorial but have come up with nothing!! Please help-my people are ugly!! lol

4 replies
eatdessert1st Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eatdessert1st Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 3:09pm
post #2 of 5

Which part are you having trouble? It definitely has helped me to have pictures to go by... I have several cake books that assist. Also, Lorraine from Scotland (anie2, I think is her screen name) has several AWESOME tutorials you can purchase to help w/ your modeling.

http://www.extra-icing.blogspot.com/

HTH,
Melanie Mc.

Malakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Malakin Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 6:48pm
post #3 of 5

There are polymer clay molds that are useful....especially when it comes to the faces.

SOULLA13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SOULLA13 Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 5:38am
post #4 of 5

Ive found a tutorial by aine2 for the face and im quite pleased for my 1st go with th way that has gone just need to be shown how to do a body and how to get it to stand freely!!

cupsncakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupsncakes Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 5:52am
post #5 of 5

I like Debbie Browns instructions. They are easy to follow and her books are readily available. I borrowed one from the library once before I got so hooked that I bought most of them. Now most of my figures don't look much like hers at all though. I think everyone develops their own style. Keep practicing, you'll get there icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%