What Do I Do??????

Decorating By SweetPea0613 Updated 20 Jul 2008 , 2:15am by tracey1970

SweetPea0613 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetPea0613 Posted 20 Jul 2008 , 1:21am
post #1 of 8

So my hubby volunteered me to do a cake for his work. He works at State Farm and he wants a State Farm cake. DAAAAAHH!!

That means I would have to do a FBCT and I've never done one!

What if I mess it up?? He needs it for wednesday and on top of that I still have to bake a cake for my class on tuesday and make the icing for that and color it as well. And I still don't know if I really want to do the clowns for class or not!!!

What do I do?? icon_cry.gif

7 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 20 Jul 2008 , 1:29am
post #2 of 8

Ummm . . .it's only Saturday. You have plenty of time.

Jocmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jocmom Posted 20 Jul 2008 , 1:33am
post #3 of 8

Not sure about how to make a State Farm cake.

I didn't want to make the clowns for my class. I made a batch of cupcakes and put just clown heads and frosting collars on some of the cupcakes. The rest had frosting polka-dots in the same, bright, clown colors. I've never made those clowns again, so I have a baggie full of clown heads in the back of my cake supply cupboard.

kcat3740 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kcat3740 Posted 20 Jul 2008 , 1:41am
post #4 of 8

FBT are not really hard - just make sure you get your icing thick enough so it doesn't break or stick to the paper. I have made a couple of them and they really come out great. Just follow the instructions and you will be fine! Good luck!
Karon

CranberryClo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CranberryClo Posted 20 Jul 2008 , 1:52am
post #5 of 8

Hey -

Your hubby is proud of you and wants to show people that you do good things! Take it as a compliment!

Christy

kjt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjt Posted 20 Jul 2008 , 1:56am
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by CranberryClo

Hey -

Your hubby is proud of you and wants to show people that you do good things! Take it as a compliment!

Christy

I agree! thumbs_up.gif
What about doing a run sugar State Farm logo?
You can do this...take a deep breath, and make like "The Little Engine That Could"!
We'll help icon_smile.gif

gateaux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gateaux Posted 20 Jul 2008 , 2:01am
post #7 of 8

Unless hubby already gave you a picture to make. I would go to the state farm site and pick out the logo, now make sure you print it backwards.

Because what you will see is the base of what you will color in.

All you need is red and white icing if you are going to do the logo so you have plenty of time. Just have fun.

Good Luck.

tracey1970 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracey1970 Posted 20 Jul 2008 , 2:15am
post #8 of 8

There is a tutorial - with pics - on this site about how to do one. I would recommend doing the entire cake top at the same time as the fbct. Then, you have the fbct already embedded in the cake top without having to worry about whether it will break while placing it on the cake or if you need to pipe some kind of border around the fbct to try and get it to "blend" into the cake top. Does that make sense?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%