Ohio Cake Clubs

Business By Debbie45628 Updated 16 Mar 2009 , 3:25pm by Loucinda

Debbie45628 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Debbie45628 Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 5:10am
post #1 of 47

Are any of you from Ohio and in a cake club? I am hunting ones near Columbus. Debbie

46 replies
karenm0712 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karenm0712 Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 11:20pm
post #2 of 47

Hi there! I am from Cincinnati and know that there is a cake club here...not sure of one in Columbus, but we are not too far from each other!

Giving this a bump - there are lots of Ohioans on this board.

mommy_of_3_DDs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommy_of_3_DDs Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 11:38pm
post #3 of 47

I am in Ohio, but not in a club... I am about 30 minutes away from Columbus...

barbaranoel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
barbaranoel Posted 20 Jul 2008 , 1:07am
post #4 of 47

As of yet, I have not found a cake club in Columbus, but I would definately be interested in joining one if we had one.

Barb

MeliaJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MeliaJ Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 3:16pm
post #5 of 47

I would love to get more information on the Cincinnati cake club. I'm an aspiring cake decorator!

Thanks
Melia

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 1:09pm
post #6 of 47

I gave my contact numbers to a woman at the last ICES DOS- she was supposed to be getting the info together for those of us who are interested in a cake club in the central OH area. So far I have not heard anything from her. There is another DOS coming the end of Sept. and if she still hasn't done anything, I will see what I can come up with there. I know I am interested.

donnalane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
donnalane Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 11:09am
post #7 of 47

I am just on the edge of Columbus in Johnstown, I have given my info to a lady who was getting things together for a club in cols. however I have not heard anything else from her. I am very interested in a club for the columbus area and I guess I could just start one myself, however I do not have a clue of how to do it but I guess I could figure it out. I think finding a place to meet at would be one of the buggest obstacles., I really would like to get a club started I know there are many on the Cols area who are very interested. I will see what I can find out and hopefully we can get something going finally.

Donna

Mandica12182 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mandica12182 Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 11:35am
post #8 of 47

I gave my info to the lady too at the day of sharing and got an e-mail a few months ago from her asking our opinions on where we could meet up, what days and what times and how frequently we'd like to meet. I actully just remembered this e-mail while reading this post...I never answered her!! I know she is a member here too..maybe she'll pop in and tell us what she's found out!!

Mandica12182 Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 11:45am
post #9 of 47

The lady who took our info at the day of sharing:

cakecrazylady is her screen name here. And her name is Annette

Loucinda Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 1:01pm
post #10 of 47

Thanks! Are you all going to be at the DOS in Sept? We need to get together there and get a plan in place. I never received an email - I gave my phone # and address also. I know time is tough to come by sometimes, if there were several of us working together, maybe we could get it going.

donnalane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
donnalane Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 1:30pm
post #11 of 47

I will be at the DOS in Sept. Loucinda and I would be more than happy to help get a local cake club going I think it would be great for all of us in the area. When we get closer to the date we will have to make a plan of where we can all meet at the DOS and discuss things.

Donna Lane

Tellis12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tellis12 Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 2:17pm
post #12 of 47

What is the DOS? And hello to you who are in Cincy! I've thought about joining the cake club here but I don't know much about it. Any info?

jpcs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jpcs Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 4:06pm
post #13 of 47

Any clubs near the Cleveland area?

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 4:34pm
post #14 of 47

There is a club that I think is on the westside of Cleveland. There is info here: http://neohiodecorators.tripod.com/

Mandica12182 Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 5:01pm
post #15 of 47

I may go to the DOS again, not sure....if so we really need to get together...I felt soo akward the last time because I didn't know anyone there!! LOL

GRAMMASUE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GRAMMASUE Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 5:13pm
post #16 of 47

The Queen City Cake Decorating Club is in Cincinnati. They are a very nice and talented group of ladies who meet the first Tuesday of the month. They also usually host a cake show - this year it was in March at the Cincinnati Convention Center during the Home and Garden Show. I've entered 2 of their cake shows, and have attended one of their meetings. I would love to join, but it seems every month I have something that interferes with the meeting times. I'm going to keep trying to make it to another meeting!!!
You can google them and find their website for the contact info.

Tellis12 Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 3:59am
post #17 of 47

I keep wanting to go to them as well. Maybe next week I'll be there!

MsCakeLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MsCakeLady Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 4:29pm
post #18 of 47

Hi ladies
I am from columbus and very very intrested in a cake club. I will also be attending the DOS in September. Please have them make an anoucement or something and we can at least meet one another. thumbs_up.gif

myslady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
myslady Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 10:08pm
post #19 of 47

I would love to join a cake club as well.

MsCakeLady
can you give me more information about the dos in columbus.

jpcs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jpcs Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 4:49pm
post #20 of 47

Thank you MichelleM77!

jmbanks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmbanks Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 2:10am
post #21 of 47

I live in Johnstown, close to Columbus, ohio. I am interested in starting or joining a cake club

Loucinda Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 1:37pm
post #22 of 47

Just from the posts here, I think we could get a nice group together! It looks like these are the ones who are interested in a club in the central OH area:

jmbanks
myslady
MsCakeLady
Debbie45628
mommy_of_3_DDs
barbaranoel
dlane626
Mandica12182
rebelady
and Loucinda (Me!)

I know I am going to the DOS, and I think we should all meet up there - if you all are attending it. I know what you mean about feeling out of place, I didn't know a soul there either, I just bugged the ladies setting next to me. icon_biggrin.gif

I don't know what the classes are going to be, but I am planning on taking them if they're anything that remotely interest me. (the Sat. evening one and the one on Sunday after the meeting) - As time gets closer we need to get a plan in place on where to meet up. I think it will be very cool to have a club close to us!

We won't be the lone ranger DOS attendees this time around! thumbs_up.gif

Cindy

myslady - the DOS is the Ohio ICES Day of Sharing. It will be Sept. 28 (sunday) The main website for ices is www.ices.org - there is one specific for Ohio, the website for the OH chapter is: www.geocities.com/caketalkoh

jmbanks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmbanks Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 2:11pm
post #23 of 47

What is a DOS?

Loucinda Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 2:21pm
post #24 of 47

DOS = Day of Sharing - they have several demos that folks do that are sepcific for all of us interested in cake art!

Rebelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rebelady Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 3:09pm
post #25 of 47

icon_surprised.gif Oh my I just picked up on this thread! I'm in Gahanna and you can count me in! I'm going to get the info for the DOS right now. A cake club in Columbus? Count me in on that too! I am a total newbie but I'm ready willing and able to learn. Evertone here is so talented. I'm getting the nerve to actually post some pictures of my cakes soon. Keep me posted and I look forward to getting a chance to meet all of you talented people! icon_biggrin.gif

Loucinda Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 3:31pm
post #26 of 47

rebelady - I have added you to the list I posted. It's gonna be GREAT!!

athompson0525 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
athompson0525 Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 11:45pm
post #27 of 47

I am also interested. I'm located in Marysville.

I'm also going to look into DOS and see if I can make it.

Rebelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rebelady Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 7:40pm
post #28 of 47

I hope everyone on the list for an Ohio cake club gets this!! I'm short on time or else I would pm everyone. If you are going to the DOS and need any supplies then go to the thread on Michaels 40% off coupon. The first post on the thread is for 40% off one item. Go down A couple of posts and click on the link and it will take you to a 40% off your entire order coupon. It is good through today. I went and got all of my gumpaste making supplies today!!! I also got all the things I'd been wanting but I thought were too pricey. Just print out the coupon and show it to them before they ring you up. They're expecting lots of people since today is the last day. So go get your shop on and I look forward to meeting you all at the DOS!!! thumbs_up.gif

Tellis12 Posted 31 Aug 2008 , 3:27am
post #29 of 47

I just went to the DOS site and I can't get any of the links to work. Is anyone else having this problem?

Loucinda Posted 2 Sep 2008 , 1:12pm
post #30 of 47

I just went to both sites with no trouble at all - maybe they were working on the site when you tried?

I will be at all of the classes the day before the DOS - which start at 2 pm - is anyone else signed up for any of them?

With a little over 3 weeks till DOS - we need to figure out where/when to meet up so we can all meet! There is a lobby there at the site, and a restaurant, but I am not sure what time they will open that morning for service.

I am working on what is required for us to get a club going in our area too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%