Any Other Cake Business Ideas?

Business By Kate714 Updated 21 Jul 2008 , 10:17pm by Mac

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 7:30pm
post #31 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweettoothmom

Also the health department does not scout the internet hunting for businesses in thier area that sell food online.

I realize that you said "sell food ONLINE" but wanted to share a story again about a caterer friend of mine. She put up her website. It had been up for 3 or 4 weeks and she gets THE knock on her front door. The HD standing there to shut her down. They told her that their boss had told them to start scouring the internet and shut down the home caterers / cakers. That's how she got caught.

Fortunately she was able to make a deal with a church right away and got legal. But yes ... the HD does work the internet to find the illegal businesses.

Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 7:31pm
post #32 of 36

Yes, all states are different...but the way that people feel about their pets ( me being one of them--my dogs are my babies), I would not want to open myself up to a lawsuit. You also have to obtain liability insurance for a business such as this or you could lose everything you have.

sweettoothmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettoothmom Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 7:41pm
post #33 of 36

I am sorry if I upset anyone. In my small low populated state things are not that advanced. We are lucky to have a HD rep at all to be honest.

Mac Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 10:11pm
post #34 of 36

Not upsetting anyone...I am just sharing information that I have checked into.

I just don't want anyone to have these false misconceptions about internet businesses and how you can't get in trouble and YOU CAN!

sweettoothmom--apparently you are fortunate to live in an area that is not highly regulated or watched. But one day, another person may be in charge and decide to crack down. Paying a fine is not fun and that makes the HD watch you even closer.

sweettoothmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettoothmom Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 10:13pm
post #35 of 36

Best of luck to you Mac in all you do.

Mac Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 10:17pm
post #36 of 36

BTW--where is the frozen tundra???

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%