Best Buttercream For Viva

Decorating By ColeAlayne Updated 18 Jul 2008 , 1:18am by Trixyinaz

ColeAlayne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ColeAlayne Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 1:24pm
post #1 of 8

I have had the worst luck with my buttercream. It tastes wonderful but doesn't ever crust enough for me to use the VIVA method...unless I wait hours. What are your favorite bc or frosting recipes that smooth out well?

7 replies
Tiababe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tiababe Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 3:12pm
post #2 of 8

Did you try Buttercream Dream or Indydeb's version?

ColeAlayne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ColeAlayne Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 4:58pm
post #3 of 8

I just added both of those to my recipe box. Thanks for the tip. Have you used both?

danijus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
danijus Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 5:27pm
post #4 of 8

I make both batches and then mix them. Its really good. Or you can try sugarshacks recipe. That crusts great.

abslu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abslu Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 6:15pm
post #5 of 8

I'm a buttercream dream NERD! I absolutely love it. It crusts pretty good for me, if I ever have issues, I put it in the fridge and it seems to crust for me when it gets chilled. I usually use parchment paper to smooth, I haven't tried Viva (yet icon_razz.gif ) Good luck! Buttercream Dream tastes SO good. . . . . . . great, now I'm hungry for cake. icon_lol.gif

Tiababe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tiababe Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 12:24am
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeAlayne

I just added both of those to my recipe box. Thanks for the tip. Have you used both?

Yep...I have used both. Acheived good results with both and they taste delicious. I tell you though....trying to get smooth BC can frustrate the crap out of me!!! I actually tried the hot spatula technique and that has really done wonders for me. Tried to do the Melirva (sp?) method, but hubby had picked up wrong type of rollers. People say that technique is awesome.

Trixyinaz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Trixyinaz Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 12:47am
post #7 of 8

I'm a buttercream dream nerd, too. It's all I use and I love it. I get so many compliments on it.

Trixyinaz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Trixyinaz Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 1:18am
post #8 of 8

I'm a buttercream dream nerd, too. It's all I use and I love it. I get so many compliments on it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%