Converse Gym Shoes

Decorating By sueco Updated 20 Jul 2008 , 4:54am by sueco

sueco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sueco Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 2:27am
post #1 of 6

For those of you who have made the Converse Gym Shoes (thanks stellastarchild!), I was wondering if you made them the same size as the template, or have you altered the size when you've made them? The sole of the shoe on the template measures 2.5 inches. Is that the correct size? It seemed kind of small to me. TIA for any help you can give me.

Sue

5 replies
dl5crew Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dl5crew Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 12:16am
post #2 of 6

Maybe you're supposed to enlarge the template.???

JodieF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JodieF Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 11:55pm
post #3 of 6

I made them the same size as the template. You can see what they look like in my photos. There are 2 pairs on my green and brown baby shower cake. The top tier is 9 inches.
I did find the white front stripe needed to be about an inch longer and I also flared out the top back edges of the sides of the shoes so they would meet in the back. I made the tongue of the shoe a little longer too.
The shoe laces are an illusion. I cut the laces and made the criss crosses under tongue, then did the top criss crosses, tucking the ends into the lace holes. I made the bows separately.
HTH

Jodie

fondantgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fondantgrl Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 12:13am
post #4 of 6

I made mine exact same size as the template:
LL

alanahodgson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alanahodgson Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 1:06am
post #5 of 6

When I made mine I enlarged the template. I pasted it into Word and just clicked and dragged it till it was the size I wanted. My soles were about 3 or 3 1/2 inches long.

sueco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sueco Posted 20 Jul 2008 , 4:54am
post #6 of 6

Thank you all for all your help. I don't know why I'm so nervous about making them. I guess I just want them to be perfect. Fondantgrl, your cake is beautiful! I love all the detail, and the shoes on top look really cute. Thanks again everyone.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%