How To I Get My Bc Icing Colours To Turn Out Bright?

Decorating By ebear Updated 16 Jul 2008 , 3:16pm by ebear

ebear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ebear Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 10:41am
post #1 of 6

Hi everyone..I'm making hamburger cupcakes for my nephew. I have all my BC mixed and coloured. I've let them sit overnight hoping they'd go darker/brighter. But no... icon_sad.gif My red still looks like a dark pink. I use the Wilton colours.
Any suggestions??

TIA... icon_smile.gif

5 replies
Malakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Malakin Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 10:54am
post #2 of 6

As far as the red, most people here start out with a base of Wilton pink and then add the no taste red that Wilton sells. So far it works for me. Any other colors not working?

MORSELSBYMARK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MORSELSBYMARK Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 10:59am
post #3 of 6

For red, always start with a chocolate frosting. I would also think about switching from Wilton colors - they are nat as good as Americolor which I use very little each time and still get beautiful, vibrant colors (Americolor also has a wider color selection).

sweet_T7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_T7 Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 11:16am
post #4 of 6

Well, I have done the cheeseburger cupcakes (in my photos) I used some wilton red but I also used some of the "old fashioned" food coloring in the squeeze bottles. Left overnight they will give you a nice bright red. HTH

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 2:48pm
post #5 of 6

I used chefmaster liqua gel color for the catsup on the cheesburger in my photos. It takes very little color and doesn't need to sit to intensitfy. Same goes for their black. No need to start with a different color before adding the red. Easy and ready to use immediately.

ebear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ebear Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 3:16pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks everyone! I live in Canada so I'm not sure if we carry Chefmasters or Americolours. I thought about using the 'old fashioned' food colouring but wasnt sure what would happen...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%