Barbie Cake Help Needed

Decorating By SUUMEME Updated 17 Jul 2008 , 12:21am by Marysmom

SUUMEME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SUUMEME Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 3:36am
post #1 of 5

I'm a newbie and have my first Barbie/Princess/doll cake due. The kind where the dolls dress is the cake. I know Wilton makes a special pan for this but since I have 4 sons I can't justify buying this pan. I was wondering if I could use my Pampered Chef batter bowl instead, after all it works great for volcanoes, what are the cooking times with this, also are there any tricks or advice you can give me to make it look fantastic? Thanks!!!

4 replies
turtle3264 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
turtle3264 Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 4:08am
post #2 of 5

I have never used that bowl for this cake, but I have heard others on here talking about using it. On the Wilton site, under additional uses for pans, they use the wonder mold pan as a volcano. So it looks like it should work, if you have already done a volcano with it. I had to use a real Barbie with the last one that I did. I looked at about 5 stores for the doll pick with brown hair. The one that I got cost about $5 compared to a little over $3 for the doll pick. The only thing with using the whole Barbie is that you have to make sure the cake is tall enough to put the doll into.

emrldsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emrldsky Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 2:18pm
post #3 of 5

Pampered Chef associates are told that yes, it will work. You're talking about the Classic Batter Bowl (glass), right?

My only suggestion is to find out the best way to ensure the middle gets done without scorching the outside.

jadak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jadak Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 12:11am
post #4 of 5

That's the perfect bowl for Barbie's skirt. Using a nail in the center while baking always works for me...as far as making sure the middle gets cooked and the sides don't get over cooked. I think last time I baked in it I baked at 325. It took a little longer, but ended up great. To check it, you can use long bamboo skewers like you would a toothpick in a shallower pan. HTH

Marysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marysmom Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 12:21am
post #5 of 5

I've made barbie cakes in the wonder/doll cake pan. However, I prefer to just make and stack several round cakes and then carve them in the shape of a dress.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%