Celtic Knot

Decorating By Mike1394 Updated 15 Jul 2008 , 2:16pm by TooMuchCake

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 11:07am
post #1 of 7

I have no clue at what I'm looking at when I google these. Can someone lead me in the direction I need to go? I have a cake coming up w/ a Celtic knot as a topper. I would like to follow the design for the rest of the cake.

Thanks,

Mike

6 replies
beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 11:25am
post #2 of 7

Can they get you a picture of the topper? There are many different kinds of Celtic knots.

Mike1394 Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 11:40am
post #3 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachcakes

Can they get you a picture of the topper? There are many different kinds of Celtic knots.

I'm getting topper on Thursday. I kind of wanted a clue as to what I was getting before hand.

Mike

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 12:03pm
post #4 of 7

It's likely the Trinity pattern - google Celtic Trinity cake toppers and you'll see a few. It's triangular-shaped. Global Sugar Art carries some Celtic patchwork cutters.

Mike1394 Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 12:16pm
post #5 of 7

Very cool THANK YOU. Know I have somewhat of a clue.

Thanks,
Mike

aswartzw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aswartzw Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 1:27pm
post #6 of 7

It probably is the trinity pattern. I had one hanging up in my old bedroom but it was like an Amish design of it. icon_wink.gif They do look really cool.

TooMuchCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooMuchCake Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 2:16pm
post #7 of 7

I've done Celtic cakes in the past, and I Google "Celtic knots" and lots of pages come up. I print out the ones I like, enlarge them if necessary, and transfer them onto my cakes. In my photos here, there's a competition wedding cake of an Irish theme with knotwork on the top of one of the tiers, and on my website there's another knotwork cake here:
http://www.cakedalaska.com/Caked_Alaska/St_Pats.html

Deanna

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%