How To Pipe Your Frosting To Get Beautiful Swirls??

Baking By serenelui Updated 23 Jul 2008 , 2:19pm by sweetideas

serenelui Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
serenelui Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 5:05am
post #31 of 39

oops.. hee.. and yes of course the videos!!! thanks so much for those... it really did help big time icon_smile.gif makes it much easier to understand what everyone means by piping one layer on another when you have a visual aid icon_smile.gif

Dru329 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dru329 Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 5:17am
post #32 of 39

Great info! icon_smile.gif

leannsloan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leannsloan Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 5:54am
post #33 of 39

Hi I am new at this. This post caught my attention all the info is so good. but I was wondering How do you ice a cupcake to look like a rose I have seen so many on CC and love them. Not sure how to do any suggestions sorry to steer away from the swirls. thanks for the help

auntiekim82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntiekim82 Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 1:37pm
post #34 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by leannsloan

Hi I am new at this. This post caught my attention all the info is so good. but I was wondering How do you ice a cupcake to look like a rose I have seen so many on CC and love them. Not sure how to do any suggestions sorry to steer away from the swirls. thanks for the help

Try this video (I learn best by seeing someone else do it! icon_rolleyes.gif ). I know it's not roses exactly, but I'm sure you can use the same technique to acheive something similar!

HTH!

leannsloan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leannsloan Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 2:49pm
post #35 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntiekim82

Quote:
Originally Posted by leannsloan

Try this video (I learn best by seeing someone else do it! icon_rolleyes.gif ). I know it's not roses exactly, but I'm sure you can use the same technique to acheive something similar!

HTH!

Auntiekim82
Thank you so very much I loved the video
I think I am in love with the cupcake again I am going to try out the flowers very very cool thanks again for your help Le'Ann

auntiekim82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntiekim82 Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 3:52pm
post #36 of 39

You're so very welcome Le'Ann!!!

cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 2:01pm
post #37 of 39

I have not read all responses yet so I may be duplicating but, I think you are draging too far let the icing build up more before going around the cc then the second row should layer on top of the first a bit, yours looks like it is laying directly beside your first row instead of lifting a bit like on a ladder.

serenelui Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
serenelui Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 2:11pm
post #38 of 39

thanks cupcakemkr.. have yet to try making any cupcakes since i started this post.. will bear this in mind the next time i do my frosting icon_smile.gif hopefully they turn out right icon_smile.gif

sweetideas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetideas Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 2:19pm
post #39 of 39

great question, thanks for the thread!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%