Help Making A Winnie The Pooh Cake

Decorating By kriswrite Updated 14 Jul 2008 , 1:20am by wendalynn11

kriswrite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kriswrite Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 11:03pm
post #1 of 6

I am making a Winnie the Pooh cake for my 3 year old's birthday. I've bought a great 3D Winnie the Pooh cake pan, but it's on the small side, so I'd like to place the Pooh Bear on top of a round cake.

The 3D Pooh cake directions say to keep a funnel, which is used in baking, inside Pooh Bear even while serving.

But I wonder if Pooh Bear will sit politely on the round cake all by himself, with just frosting to coax him into place? I have visions of him tumbling off while I carry the cake to the birthday girl. Can you think of a better way to secure him?

Thanks for your thoughts.

Kristina

5 replies
foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 11:12pm
post #2 of 6

you could secure him with a dowel...

Bijoudelanuit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bijoudelanuit Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 11:28pm
post #3 of 6

I fill the funnel with cake batter and bake it to have a cake plug to place into the cake... so the whole thing is cake. A dowel through the pooh and the round would be a good idea to keep him from moving.

kriswrite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kriswrite Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 1:01am
post #4 of 6

Great idea about filling the funnel. How does one use a dowel for a cake???

Kristina

KKC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKC Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 1:13am
post #5 of 6

Kriswrite, I've just used a 3 dowels to sit Pooh onto a cake and it was good. I actually traveled 15 miles to my granny's house with it and it didn't budge.

wendalynn11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wendalynn11 Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 1:20am
post #6 of 6

You could also do Pooh in chocolate sitting on the cake, I did one like this but it was Mickey Mouse ( it is in my gallery). Just another idea...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%