What Cake Tins Do I Use To Make A Bum Cake?

Decorating By abbeyloo Updated 13 Jul 2008 , 8:36pm by Homemade-Goodies

abbeyloo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abbeyloo Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 8:22pm
post #1 of 5

hello can anyone tell me is there a cake tin i can get to make a bum cake otherwise what tins should i use? xxx

4 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 8:25pm
post #2 of 5

If you look in the section for Naughty cakes, there's lots of discussion about pans and links posted for them.

When I made one before, I used a 2 quart glass bowl, baked two of them, then a 8x8 square which I cut up and used to be tops of legs and the part by the waist. It worked great.

sarahnichole975 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahnichole975 Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 8:31pm
post #3 of 5

I used the 3d ball and put the 1/2 balls on a heart shaped cake and then carved it just a bit.

mommy_of_3_DDs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommy_of_3_DDs Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 8:32pm
post #4 of 5

I know a lot use the 12in heart and sports ball pan to make a bum. Then cut the point off the heart. So the two half balls would sit perfectly on top of each round heart part. Good Luck!

Homemade-Goodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Homemade-Goodies Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 8:36pm
post #5 of 5

I suppose it depends on how large you need it. You could use the Mini Ball pan, or actually my first idea was the book pan by Wilton.

wish you the best in your project! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%