Desperately Needing Pricing Suggestion(S)

Decorating By Dru329 Updated 15 Jul 2008 , 1:00am by lisa78332

Dru329 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dru329 Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 6:48pm
post #1 of 5

Hello everyone...I'm needing some pricing suggestions. I've been asked to make 150 baby elmo lollipops made out of fondant standing approx. 5 inches tall. They also want a cake topper of a baby elmo also made out of fondant standing approx. 8 inches tall. I've NEVER had such a big order as this one and am getting pretty nervous about it.
Now in my head this seems like it's going to be pretty pricey since everything will be handmade using fondant. Am I correct on this...don't really know? How much should I charge for each lollipop and the cake topper?
I really hope someone can give an insight as to what to charge for this. Thank you all who can help me icon_smile.gif
Drucila

*I will definitely be posting some pics if this order goes through icon_biggrin.gif

4 replies
sandygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sandygirl Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 12:14am
post #2 of 5

I don't really have any idea or price, but I would think that you need to charge A LOT! Don't forget to factor in your time. If you have to had mold each of those, it would take me a lot of time to do those.

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 12:17am
post #3 of 5

I'm having a duh moment dunce.gif ... They don't want cake? Just fondant on a sucker stick?

kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 12:44am
post #4 of 5

That sounds like too much work to be economically feasible. I wouldn't even take the order, because I would say at least $10 per "sucker", which is going to make your customer faint. Also, Elmo is a copyrighted character and you can't sell the image unless you have paid for the rights.

lisa78332 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lisa78332 Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 1:00am
post #5 of 5

so where are they getting the cake from? I wouldn't want my work combined with someone elses, especially walmart!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%