Looking To Purchase A Glucose Monitor, Can You Recommend One

Lounge By butternut Updated 13 Jul 2008 , 2:09am by butternut

butternut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 2:43pm
post #1 of 4

I know there are many brands out there and I'm wondering if one is better than the others. If you or someone you know uses one, could you please share with me which one is being used? Thanks so much for any advice you can give.

3 replies
sweetness_221 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetness_221 Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 9:59pm
post #2 of 4

I just signed up for one online at this site. https://www.freestylelite.com/freestyleworld/landing.asp?code=hd74kd
It's free, plus they also give you 10 strips along with it. HTH.

paula1234 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paula1234 Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 1:47am
post #3 of 4

i have been diabetic since i was 8 years old. i am now 41 years old. everyone in my family is diabetic. i have 3 boys, ages 15, 16, and 18. my mother and my brother were also diabetic before they passed away. my father is also diabetic. believe me, we know meters. the way we picked our meters were based on what we needed or wanted. my dad doesn't need all the bells and whistles on them. my children and i do. they are very active and their blood sugars change rapidly. me, i am a brittle diabetic. my blood sugars change rapidly. i have a one touch that is like a little computer that i can put in all my medications that i take including insulin. it also has features to add for ex. if i have a low blood sugar. i can say forget to eat , etc. i worked at a hospital in surgery untiil 2 years ago and we had a diabetes treatment center and i was lucky enough to be their guiney (sp) pig. so i got to get a new meter every time one became available. if you have something like that in your area, it really is helpful. i also found out that certain doctors in our area wanted all their patients to use the same meter, good luck! if i can help you in any way just let me know. my e-mail address is [email protected] or if you just need to talk. [/b]

butternut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 2:09am
post #4 of 4

Thank you so much Sweetness _221 and Paula1234. I really do appreciate your help. Paula, I just may take you up on your offer. I go back to the Dr next week and I guess that at that time I'll be told what I need to do as far as how often to test my blood, etc. I already find all of this so confusing. Especially what you can eat and what to avoid and how many carbs I should shoot for. Wow. It sure can be overwhelming. Thanks so much for offering to help. I appreciate it more than you know.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%