Need Ideas Asap For My Firt Customer!

Decorating By proudmommy Updated 14 Jul 2008 , 1:12pm by gottabakenow

proudmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
proudmommy Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 3:13am
post #1 of 3

Hey everyone. I'm doing my very first cake for someone either than family. I want this to be really good. I need great some ideas. One of the cakes is going to be a 8" italian cream cake with cream cheese icing and the other is going to be a 9x13" sheet red velvet cake with cream cheese icing. The customer is getting the cake for her daughters 21st birthday. Her favorite color is purple. I have a purple gum paste spray of flowers to use. I also have purple and white cake sprinkles. I wasn't sure if I should do the italian cream 2 or 3 layers, and I didn't know if I should do the red velvet 3 or 4 layers. I was thinking to do the red velvet with a purple border around the top and bottom with the gum paste spray in the center with Happy Birthday going across the top of the spray and the name under. The customer requested that the italian cream look like a regular italian cream with Happy Birthday on the top center. Does anyone have any design ideas or even a killer recipe for italian cream? I've never made one before. I want it to be perfect. This is my chance to get out there and get started. Any help or suggestions will be so greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

2 replies
foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 1:14pm
post #2 of 3

bumping you...

gottabakenow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gottabakenow Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 1:12pm
post #3 of 3

I'm pretty sure there's an italian cream cake recipe in the recipe section up there ^^. haven't tried it but I heard it's good.

HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%