Parry Potter Fighting Darth Vader Cake

Decorating By karapags Updated 11 Jul 2008 , 8:40am by amysue99

karapags Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karapags Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 8:12pm
post #1 of 7

Hi All,
I have a cake due Friday. It is for a girls high school graduation. She wants Harry Potter fighting Darth Vader with the light saber on top of the cake. The mom said just put them on top of a cake. The cake needs to feed 40 people. But I was thinking of maybe making Star Wars and a Harry Potter books stacked on top of each other with them on top of book fighting with smaller stuff that I made that goes with both movies.

Or should I just do a cake that feed 40 people? Does anyone have any idea of what I could do???

Thanks,

Kara

6 replies
kimmypooh79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimmypooh79 Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 4:46am
post #2 of 7

I think the book thing is a good idea it's like "Read me!"
"No...Read me!!!"

miny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 6:34am
post #3 of 7

First I'd check how much is she going to pay because some people won't pay for extra servings, icon_sad.gif but if she's ok with it I'll go for the books, it's such a great and fun idea. icon_biggrin.gif

amysue99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amysue99 Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 7:51am
post #4 of 7

I like the book idea. If your'e willing to do a fancy cake fo sheet cake price (sounds like this is what the situation is), then I say go for it!

By the way, I think we all know that Harry would kick Darth's butt!!!

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 10:39am
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by amysue99

I like the book idea. If your'e willing to do a fancy cake fo sheet cake price (sounds like this is what the situation is), then I say go for it!

By the way, I think we all know that Harry would kick Darth's butt!!!

i absolutely love your idea. the book thing is so much better.

and yeah harry would kick anakin's butt. icon_smile.gif

karapags Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karapags Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 11:59pm
post #6 of 7

Thanks everyone. I am doing the books right now and she actually offered me more money when I mentioned the idea. I wish all my clients were like that.

Kara

amysue99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amysue99 Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 8:40am
post #7 of 7

So do I!! I think that often people don't realize how many possibilities there are when they step outside of the commercial cake box!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%