Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 6:04am
post #31 of 38

Oops--my bad!

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 2:31pm
post #32 of 38

don't worry about it!

actually, she just wrote me today...she said she IS going to use me...the last email I wrote had in it...let me know if you still want to use my services or not. But, she did just state that she is in over her head...we need to have a meeting...LOL and I will be telling her this

pugmama1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pugmama1 Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 3:19pm
post #33 of 38

I recently did a wedding cake for the sister of one of my children's friends. The bride was very nice but soooooo nervoussss! On our third meeting I just looked her in the eye and said she didn't have to worry anymore about the cake. She could take that off the list. I told her there would be a cake at her wedding, it was a design I felt very comfortable doing, and even if something happened to me, I had back-up (a friend that often helps me out). I didn't hear from her again until a couple of days before the wedding and was relieved to feel she wasn't worried anymore about the cake. In the end, I was happy with the results and she loved it! I'm saying all this because maybe when you meet in person with the bride, you could say something similar to her so she takes it off her list of worries. If you're like me I would rather die than not fulfill an obligation- I mean if someone expects a cake from me they're gonna get a cake!!!!!

step0nmi Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 3:23pm
post #34 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by pugmama1

I recently did a wedding cake for the sister of one of my children's friends. The bride was very nice but soooooo nervoussss! On our third meeting I just looked her in the eye and said she didn't have to worry anymore about the cake. She could take that off the list. I told her there would be a cake at her wedding, it was a design I felt very comfortable doing, and even if something happened to me, I had back-up (a friend that often helps me out). I didn't hear from her again until a couple of days before the wedding and was relieved to feel she wasn't worried anymore about the cake. In the end, I was happy with the results and she loved it! I'm saying all this because maybe when you meet in person with the bride, you could say something similar to her so she takes it off her list of worries. If you're like me I would rather die than not fulfill an obligation- I mean if someone expects a cake from me they're gonna get a cake!!!!!

omg! you are sooo right! I think I will be doing this! I told her lets have a meeting at the beginning of next week...told her it would get us together one on one to talk about EXACTLY what she wants! and that way I can give her samples as well....

now, I need to try and convince her that she doesn't want two cakes that serve 75 each...she is only inviting 150 so I was trying to tell her about the 60-70% rule AND she is having 2 chocolate fountains! no one is even going to want to eat cake! LOL (i know convincing her sounds bad, but I am an at home baker and I don't want to be stressing about 2 large cakes...and why should I if she doesn't need all that cake! lol)

pugmama1 Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 3:37pm
post #35 of 38

I, too, mentioned to the bride about probably needing less cake than she thought. I could tell though she really wanted to have cake for every person at the wedding and having that would make her feel more at ease. They did have cake leftover, but, get this, they told me they were enjoying it and it was getting better everyday!!!!

pugmama1 Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 3:41pm
post #36 of 38

By the way- remember you are a FORUM SUPERSTAR!!!!!! You can do this!!!!!!!

step0nmi Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 4:01pm
post #37 of 38

ahhh...pugmama! just because I have all those little stars doesn't mean I know everything! icon_biggrin.gif LOL

thanks for your advice!

wildflower Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wildflower Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 4:29pm
post #38 of 38

heyy srrry i cant be of much help but i know exactly how u feel!
i had a bride[cuzin of a close freind]who saw my cakes and has asked me from last year if i would consider doing her wedding cake
i personally love to decorate but jus dont get a chance as often as id like due to the fact that i have not actually started a business or anything of the sort so i told her id love to[i love a challengeicon_razz.gif]
so anyway she contacted me about 2 months ago and asked again,and then she gave me all the details,the sizes colors etc.even to the point of where i need to deliver.i did a lot of research for her cuz she wasnt sure what way she wanted to go[fondant bc etc]and sent her pics of all the different combos so she could make a better informed decision..she asked me for my prices and since im fairly new at this and shes a frend,i gave her pretty close to my cost price,then she didnt reply for the next 2 weeks and i of course thought it was my prices,about 2 weeks later i told her that i understand if she found somehwere else but if she did require my services id need the cake finallized at least three weeks in advance of the wedding[august 2],she told me she loved my prices and was wondering if she could do the wasc cake instead,i had previously told her that would cost more so i sent over the new prices[again only my cost]and even offered to set upa tasting so she can make up her mind....i havent heard anything since then and it has been a week now,i mean i understand that maybe shes busy etc but there are only about 2 weeks to go,her initial order was for 6 cakes and id hate to do this last minute but am seeing no way out of it in case she does tell me like with one week left because of the pre existing relationship
alll i can think of to say is ughhh!
hope that u have better luck with ur bride,plus liek pugmama said ur a superstar no worries!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%