In Respect To Your Expert Opinion ...

Decorating By sugaah Updated 8 Jul 2008 , 8:13pm by BlakesCakes

sugaah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugaah Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 1:11pm
post #1 of 7

making 4 rounds and 1 sheet cake with red, white, & blue basketweave design. Question - will the basketweave colors look better vertically or horizontally. Seems like vertical would be easiest but.... Cannot decide which. Help!

6 replies
KASCARLETT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KASCARLETT Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 1:22pm
post #2 of 7

What do you mean by vertical or horizontal? Are you talking about what color should go where?

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 1:28pm
post #3 of 7

If it has to be all three colors in the woven part itself I would do mostly white both woven up n down and across then intersperse a red stripe and a blue stripe going up and down.

My plan A would be to do it all white with red and blue trim.

jillycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jillycakes Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 1:37pm
post #4 of 7

I would do alternating red and blue verticals and all white horizontals. I have a few three-colored basketweave cakes in my photos that were done this way.

michellesArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellesArt Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 1:38pm
post #5 of 7

oh i totally agree-basketweave is hard enough to do and have come out nice-kiss (keep it simple silly) do the trim in red and blue for sure

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 1:38pm
post #6 of 7

I would do the colored ones with a straight round tube and the white with a regular basket weave. I think I would do the red & blue right next to each other as one 'weave'. So that the multi colored weave is the same width as one white weave.

I would practice on the table to get the look I wanted.

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 8:13pm
post #7 of 7

Just my .02:

White verticals with alternating red, white, blue, white, red, white, blue, white, red, etc. horizontals so that you wind up with stripes of red, white, & blue going all around the cake.

Someone else may have said the same thing a different way, but this is how I "see" it.

HTH
Rae

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%