Help.........decorating An Oatmeal Raisin Cookie

Decorating By cookieaddict Updated 7 Jul 2008 , 8:14pm by Valli_War

cookieaddict Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookieaddict Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 5:13pm
post #1 of 9

Hello everyone,
I desperatly need help with my cookies. Someone wanted me to transfer an edible quote onto an oatmeal raisin cookie. Is it possible? I thought it would be too bumpy for the transfer and the image will look distorted. Moreover, the cookie must be an eggless recipe.
I can use all the help I can get both on the recipe and the decoration.

I have to give the estimate by the end of the day. icon_cry.gif

thank you in advance
Cookieaddict.

8 replies
crystalina1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crystalina1977 Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 6:42pm
post #2 of 9

wow that sounds tough. i hope someone can help you, i know i can't

Valli_War Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Valli_War Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 6:52pm
post #3 of 9

I don't know anything about cookie decorating, but can't you put the image on the royal icing? If yes, then you can make a level surface by using the royal icing? Please don't laugh if it is stupid idea.

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 6:55pm
post #4 of 9

I don't see this working out - I'm sorry to be so negative. icon_sad.gif Those are made to go on light colored smooth backgrounds. Even if you could get a cookie smooth enough, the colors would distort. It's an odd request....what about putting them in mini-fondant plaques stuck in the cookies?

Or, if you could get the oatmeal cookies to bake and hold up on sticks, you could use the flat backside as a base for a thin layer of white fondant and apply them like that? Sorry I'm not more help for you.

cookieaddict Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 7:25pm
post #5 of 9

I think the fondant plaque sounds like it will work. I will try that.

cookieaddict Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 7:31pm
post #6 of 9

I might have to hand write the quote. The edible transfers that my local store does have a white background to them and I have to cut them out by hand. I wonder how the others do it.

The problem is that, these cookies are for a seminar held for group of religious leaders from different parts of the world including Priests, Imams, Church leaders,etc. I am so worried as to how this will turn out.

Valli_War Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 7:56pm
post #7 of 9

I don't know what all religion people are these cookies for. But, be careful about fondant since it has gelatin in it. Whether it is MMF or the regular fondant, gelatin is a no no since it is animal based for some religions and even if gelatin is okay, some other religions do not consume it for the fear of animal source being pig.

Just thought I'll post this in case it helps.

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 8:00pm
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valli_War

I don't know what all religion people are these cookies for. But, be careful about fondant since it has gelatin in it. Whether it is MMF or the regular fondant, gelatin is a no no since it is animal based for some religions and even if gelatin is okay, some other religions do not consume it for the fear of animal source being pig.

Just thought I'll post this in case it helps.

What about the homemade MMF recipe from here? It doesn't call for gelatin but is there gelatin in marshmallows? Never thought of the religious-based dietary restrictions before......

Valli_War Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 8:14pm
post #9 of 9

Yes. Marshmallows have gelatin. You can search some asian stores where they have vegetarian marshmallows. These are made with sea weed in the place of gelatin. I don't know how good these are when used to make MMF.

Your best bet would be to use modeling chocolate in my opinion. Use the white chocolate one and you can decorate on that.

I looked up in vegan cupcakes take over the world book. There is one plant extract that you can use instead of gelatin. It is called AgarAgar. You should be able to get it in health food stores or online. You get these in powder and flakes form. If using flakes, you'll have to soak it in liquid before using it. I however do not know if one tsp of regular gelatin equals one tsp of agaragar. If you try, please let me know too. I don't eat anything which has gelatin in it either. I make them and feed it to others. icon_sad.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%