littlecake Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 1:09am
post #1 of 32

mike and bronwen are on it tonight!...on hgtv

31 replies
ac2steachk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ac2steachk Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 2:58am
post #2 of 32

Oh man! You should have called me. icon_wink.gif
It's 10:56 and I just saw this. I didn't have the tv on all day. I'll have to find when it airs again.

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 9:21am
post #3 of 32

I think that challenge right there is one of the best. All three of those cakes could've won.

Mike

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 3:22pm
post #4 of 32

i love love love mike and bronwen....

i feel sorry for some of them on the challenges, like the guy who didn't know that big door would fall down, on the monsters inc cake....then the big blue monster fell over too...

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 3:28pm
post #5 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlecake

i love love love mike and bronwen....

i feel sorry for some of them on the challenges, like the guy who didn't know that big door would fall down, on the monsters inc cake....then the big blue monster fell over too...

Oh Yeah that sucked. I love the Dalmation one also. The sugar work was very cool. I have dreams about Bronwen icon_razz.gif As long as my wife doesn't find out Hehehe.

Mike

AllCakedOut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AllCakedOut Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 5:38pm
post #6 of 32

Does anyone else hate that stupid thing Kerry Vincent always wears on her head? Bothers me to no end!

For one, she doesn't have enough hair to warrant having a headband on anyway.. nevermind that HUGE! Then, seriously.. it looks like she's wearing it like a crown. Strikes me as incredibly pompous. Also.. every freaking time she's on tv, she's wearing it. Ugh. Variety?

LOL. I don't get this annoyed by something I see on tv often, this one just really annoys me. LOL. I find it incredibly distracting.

snarkybaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snarkybaker Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 8:07pm
post #7 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllCakedOut

Does anyone else hate that stupid thing Kerry Vincent always wears on her head? Bothers me to no end!

For one, she doesn't have enough hair to warrant having a headband on anyway.. nevermind that HUGE! Then, seriously.. it looks like she's wearing it like a crown. Strikes me as incredibly pompous. Also.. every freaking time she's on tv, she's wearing it. Ugh. Variety?

LOL. I don't get this annoyed by something I see on tv often, this one just really annoys me. LOL. I find it incredibly distracting.

She always wears it in person as well. Its like duff and the tragic facial hair, or Alton and the dork shirt. It's a trademark look.

AllCakedOut Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 8:51pm
post #8 of 32

Alton has a dork shirt? Man, I just realized that I have NO idea what he wears. That man is just too cute for words.. THAT is distracting, lol!

"Tragic facial hair".. lol.

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 11:40pm
post #9 of 32
Quote:

Yeah, WHAT IS THAT THING? My DH HATES her. He calls her all kinds of names at the TV. hahaha!

loriemoms Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 11:41pm
post #10 of 32
Quote:

Alton has a dork shirt? Man, I just realized that I have NO idea what he wears. That man is just too cute for words.. THAT is distracting, lol!

"Tragic facial hair".. lol.

hahahaha! Alton is the king of geeks! That is why I love him! I wonder what his kids look like...

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 11:50pm
post #11 of 32

I love Alton, and Kerry she is so good whe can wear whatever she wants... icon_lol.gif That's fine with me!

Jocmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jocmom Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 11:52pm
post #12 of 32

When Duff laughs he reminds me of my first "serious" boyfriend, Danny. My dad would make Danny laugh just so he could laugh at his laugh. icon_lol.gif

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 12:07am
post #13 of 32

Okay, which particular challenge is this? I can't seem to find it. What time was it on? Will it be on again?

tonedna Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 12:19am
post #14 of 32

I know I am watching one in food network right now ..I dont know about the other one icon_biggrin.gif

KateWatson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KateWatson Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 3:45am
post #15 of 32

First was the Disney Villians Challenge and then the Disney Pixar Challenge. I feel sorry for any of the bakers when Kerry Vincent comes near! She's like an angry nun with a ruler ready to hit a knuckle! It was a good one, the talent was something else! And so heartbreaking when the monster collapsed after all that work, the cruelty of the cake!

tonedna Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 3:53am
post #16 of 32

I Think is just the way she looks...I thinks she is a sweet person at heart!

momvarden Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momvarden Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 4:05am
post #17 of 32

there is one on at 3 am est. on the food network birthday suprise. For those of us that have a tivo type system hope that helps.

kimmypooh79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimmypooh79 Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 7:48am
post #18 of 32
Quote:

She really may think she's a princess or something.....at least she has that holier than thou attitude sometimes. I think somebody needs to kick her off her pedestal.
A little off topic----I wonder how some of these bakers get on the challenge, I've seen some hideous cakes.

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 8:25am
post #19 of 32

I've read on other posts that Kerry Vincent is very sweet when you meet her. I believe she has that 'proper British air' about her, but when you really listen to what she says to the competitors and how she gives them words of advice and, yes, even encouragement, I think you can actually see and hear that she is being nice. She's just not all lovey-dovey, hearts and flowers. She's very down-to Earth in a no-nonsense sort of way.

And I don't agree with the nun comment (JMHO). I had a teacher for a couple of years (she taught more than one grade level) that was an ex-nun and Kerry Vincent couldn't even come close to being that nasty, crusty and mean. (My guess is she left the 'sister-hood because the other nuns probably couldn't tolerate her and probably kicked her out of the convent!).

momvarden Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momvarden Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 11:34am
post #20 of 32

I have met karrie vincent, when you first see her she does carry herself as if she is better than others. That is not how she is, she is professional and kind. I do wish though that she would just up date the head bands she wears. Its her thing, but i dates her and makes her look older.

kimmypooh79 Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 1:11pm
post #21 of 32

I guess I just haven't seen the episodes where she's been nicer. I was watching one the other night, and I can't remember what she said now, but i remember thinking that she didn't have to be so nasty about it. I've got to catch some more so I've set my DVR to catch ALL episodes.

AllCakedOut Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 1:39pm
post #22 of 32

Man, I wouldn't call that a "proper British air". I call it the trend of "If you're judging something on TV and happen to be British, be like Simon".

Seriously. It's like every talenty new show out there has a MEAN Brit as a judge. Disappointing to see em portrayed that way, every Brit I know is super cool!

kimmypooh79 Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 1:58pm
post #23 of 32

AllCakedOut---I noticed the same trend. It's really annoying. All the brits I've met so far have been nice.

susanscakecreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanscakecreations Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 2:15pm
post #24 of 32

I can't stand that headband that Kerry Vincent wears, either!!!!!! And as for Alton Brown..........well, I think he's the best thing ever!!!!!!! Love his "Eating on Asphalt" series.........love Duff too!!!
But did you hear Kerry Vincent tell the guy that did the monsters, inc. cake that that would be the worst thing that would ever happen to him???? Well, maybe she thinks so.......but I wouldn't compare it to hearing that you had cancer or one of your children died!!!!! GEEZ......she gets on my last nerve!!!!!!!

Susan icon_twisted.gif

justfrosting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justfrosting Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 2:25pm
post #25 of 32

" I don't know if you are aware, while we were judging your cake, the head fell off."

OMGosh--shoot me NOW. What a nightmare.

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 2:27pm
post #26 of 32

Kerry Vincent sure does have the creds to hold down any look she wants while critiquing cakes, but I agree, the headband scares me. I tell my husband that I'd probably wet myself if I knew she was within 100 yards of me. That being said, I've seen her kinder side on t.v. when Food Network has aired the OK Sugar Show episodes, you can tell she's quite human. icon_smile.gif

justfrosting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justfrosting Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 2:30pm
post #27 of 32

I thought she was nice to find the NEMO cake support rod.

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 2:37pm
post #28 of 32

i think they could get more worthy competition for mike and bronwen.

like some of the people here.

that norman...is that his name...the monsters inc dude?

he won one once, but it was because he had so many cool molds...remember the jungle cake? to me cool molds don't take talent....i'm just sayin....

it just seems he should have known that door wouldn't make it.

i guess i kinda lost respect for him after he had been piping an hour and his hand was tired....geeze if my hand got tired after an hour, i'd have to close the shop....plus he was piping with the grass tip right on the cake with no crumb coat, did that seem odd to anyone else?

snarkybaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snarkybaker Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 2:38pm
post #29 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar_Plum_Fairy

I've read on other posts that Kerry Vincent is very sweet when you meet her. I believe she has that 'proper British air' about her, but when you really listen to what she says to the competitors and how she gives them words of advice and, yes, even encouragement, I think you can actually see and hear that she is being nice. She's just not all lovey-dovey, hearts and flowers. She's very down-to Earth in a no-nonsense sort of way.

And I don't agree with the nun comment (JMHO). I had a teacher for a couple of years (she taught more than one grade level) that was an ex-nun and Kerry Vincent couldn't even come close to being that nasty, crusty and mean. (My guess is she left the 'sister-hood because the other nuns probably couldn't tolerate her and probably kicked her out of the convent!).

One problem with that theory, Kerry is Australian, not British, and there ain't nothin' "proper" about the Australians, especially Western Australia, where Kerry is from. It's the wild wild west out there.

loriemoms Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 3:25pm
post #30 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by justfrosting

I thought she was nice to find the NEMO cake support rod.

I was just going to say that! You can see a nice side of her come out once in a while. I think she is trying to put on an air of authority. I am curious about the headband. Maybe its like a chef's hat or somethign and shows she is at a certain level?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%