First Smbc Disaster... Ughh

Decorating By wgoat5 Updated 5 Jul 2008 , 5:46pm by -K8memphis

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 5:36pm
post #1 of 2

Beautiful stuff that SMBC is... ESPECIALLY the chocolate YUM... BUT...

Even ... yes EVEN with no humidity my beautiful, SMOOTH chocolate SMBC covered 8 inch cake lost it's beautiful borders .... sitting out on the COOL counter for 20 minutes outside of the fridge... 10 minutes before delivery icon_sad.gif ... I watched the monster fall apart .. one perfectly placed reverse shell by reverse shell... they each just... spat right down the side of the cake LOL ... I was in so much stress at that moment that I laughed AND cried at the same time... no time to make more SMBC and it was all gone

She received a free cake.. and THANK GOD IT'S OVER LMAO

BUT... for those of you that use this all the time .. what could of happened? The house was VERY cool.. no humidity at all yesterday .... and it was like 15 minutes out of the fridge.... The icing on the sides were fine... but not the borders

1 reply
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 5:46pm
post #2 of 2

Well of course I didn't see it. But off the top of my noggin, the icing in the piping bag was applied hotter and more melty because of your hand and the pressure and if you placed it fully on top of the cake it might not a slipped down? Was the piping applied to a cold surface that mighta had a tad of moisture on it to facilitate the slippage??

Did you use ganache to chocola-fy it? How firm is it at room temp?

Honestly--pretty cool that they all slid even like that.
Kudos for consistency. ((hug))) for having to do a freebie.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%