Cake Plateau For Wedding Cake

Decorating By venefica Updated 6 Jul 2008 , 11:55pm by venefica

venefica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
venefica Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 2:38pm
post #1 of 7

I was just wondering how many people out there actually use the plateau's to display their wedding cakes?

6 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 2:40pm
post #2 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by venefica

I was just wondering how many people out there actually use the plateau's to display their wedding cakes?

I mean you are trying to justify the cost perhaps?

Lots of people use the plateaus. It's a good business investment.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 4:20pm
post #3 of 7

If you do any kind of wedding volume at all, it's worth the investment. FOr the bride who wants a "large" cake for only 75 or 100 people, it can add height to the cake. It can add elegance to the table. When you have it, then you're making it easier on the bride since she doesn't have to run all over town trying to rent one.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 4:26pm
post #4 of 7

I bought mine off Ebay for the Towering Inferno cake (in my pix) and I still use it for dummies as I don't do a lot of 6 foot cakes these days. But it's a great investment. I even found side stencils for cakes that match the scrollwork on the plateau (which is what we used for the Towering Inferno side design!) Cool!! icon_biggrin.gif But it is a good investment and the next wedding cake that calls for it I can now charge rent for the plateau.

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 6:24pm
post #5 of 7

I probably have 30 plateaus in different styles. I don't always use them, but its a nice thing to offer if the bride wants it. I charge a deposit and a weekly rental fee.

spring Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spring Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 9:33pm
post #6 of 7

I agree, they worth the investment. We have probably 20-25 and offer each of our brides the option to use a plateau.

They really show the cake off well...presentation is everything!

Minette
My Blog www.minetterushing.typepad.com

venefica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
venefica Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 11:55pm
post #7 of 7

THANKS! I will buy 1 to start and just add slowly.... they are soo expensive. But the cakes do look a lot nicer on them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%