Wasc With Raspberry Filling .............mmmmmm

Decorating By maude Updated 23 Aug 2008 , 3:25am by daisy81382

maude Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maude Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 9:45pm
post #1 of 28

Made a WASC cake with raspberry filling. OMG was it good. My question is will this cake hold up for a wedding cake? It seems so light and fluffy.

27 replies
Franluvsfrosting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Franluvsfrosting Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 11:02pm
post #2 of 28

I've only done three wedding cakes but all three of them have been WASC and two had raspberry filling. Held up beautifully! I have two more in the next month and both of those will be WASC as well. People love them and they're easy to work with. icon_smile.gif

Shola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shola Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 8:59am
post #3 of 28

Hi guys, can you tell me which recipe you used for raspberry filling? I made WASC with raspberry filling and it came out very thick and very sharp tasting icon_sad.gif

maude Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 10:33am
post #4 of 28

I used the one posted by Merissa. Just go to recipes and type in raspberry filling. I used just a smidgeon over 1 1/2 cup sugar and it was very delicious.

deld Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deld Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 11:05am
post #5 of 28

im pretty new to the board, what does WASC stand for?? icon_rolleyes.gif

Trance Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Trance Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 11:11am
post #6 of 28

WASC is White Almond Sour Cream
I just made a WASC cake with a Raspberry mousse filling for the 4th. It's my new favorite cake! icon_lol.gif

Trance

phoufer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
phoufer Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 11:38am
post #7 of 28

My most requested cake is WASC with raspberry cream cheese filling. I have used this combo with wedding cakes and even had to freeze a wedding cake ahead of time and it held up wonderfully. The recipe for the filling is so easy.

1 8oz. pkg cream cheese
1 can raspberry pie filling
1 jar of marshmallow

Mix cream cheese in mixer first then add pie filling and marshmallow and mix together.

Shola Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 11:46am
post #8 of 28

Thanks Maude!
Trance can you give me the raspberry mouse recipe?! icon_smile.gif Sounds yum!

tomatoqeen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tomatoqeen Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 5:57am
post #9 of 28

phoufer:

I am assuming that 1 jar of marshmallow" means 1 jar of marshmallow creme. Correct? You know what they say about assuming!! icon_biggrin.gif

phoufer Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 10:01am
post #10 of 28

Tomatoqeen
Yes you assumed correct, a jar of marshmallow cream ( tried stuffing marshmallows in a jar didn't work lol)

maude Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 1:51pm
post #11 of 28

phoufer, does the cream chees filling require refridgeration after putting it on the cake?

phoufer Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 2:46pm
post #12 of 28

No it doesn't have to be refridgerated

calebsmom45 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
calebsmom45 Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 8:43pm
post #13 of 28

I want to make a cream cheese filling for my sister's cake but thought any homemade one would require refrigeration? Do they not? I would like to use it if not.

pinkbiz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkbiz Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 8:52pm
post #14 of 28

ok this is silly but what is WASC?? i read it evrywere and i dont know what it means

pinkbiz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkbiz Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 8:53pm
post #15 of 28

ok ok i really didn't read the whole thread i just saw its white almond sour cream thanks girls

penguinprincess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
penguinprincess Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 12:12am
post #16 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trance

WASC is White Almond Sour Cream
I just made a WASC cake with a Raspberry mousse filling for the 4th. It's my new favorite cake! icon_lol.gif

Trance

Trance-- that sounds Heavenly! Would you please share your raspberry mousse recipe?

daisy81382 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daisy81382 Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 8:43am
post #17 of 28

I'm going to attempt my first torted and filled cake for a girlfriend. I'm trying all new things. This will be my first time trying the WASC cake as well. I really want to use phoufer's cream cheese raspberry filling and was just wondering what kind of icing should I use? Should I use just a plain SMBC (also first time to try that too!) or should I try flavouring and icing with a bit of raspberry? Or will that be raspberry overload?

Sorry for all the questions. I just don't want this cake to be too 'over the top' especially since it's my first time for everything. I generally just make simple cupcakes with a simple icing. I'm trying to be adventurous icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks for any help or advice anyone can pass on.

Shola Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 10:34am
post #18 of 28

Daisy, I've just made plain smbc and added just under a tbs of McCormic Raspberry Extract and it is my favourite icing yet!! I originally made the creamcheese one and with the raspberry jam it was super sweet and I didn't like it but just plain smbc with no vanilla and the raspberry flavour with WASC cake is fantastic, a new fave icon_biggrin.gif

daisy81382 Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 11:20am
post #19 of 28

Sounds good Shola, thanks. Just not sure what kind of raspberry flavouring I can get here... will have to look around.

Trance Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 11:28am
post #20 of 28

Hi-
Here is the recipe for the Raspberry Mousse I use:
4 cups fresh or frozen Raspberries (I always use frozen)
2 tbsp unflavored gelatin
2 tbsp lemon juice
8 cups of whipped cream
1/2 cup sugar

1)In sauce pan combine raspberries and suger
2)Heat & stir over med. heat until turns to liquid
3)Stir in gelatin
4)remove from heat and scrape into large bowl
5)let cool for 5 minutes
6)Remove chilled whipped cream from refridgerator
7)Mix 1 cup of whipped cream into raspberry mixture until well combined
icon_cool.gifFold remaining whipped cream

I usually make it and let it sit in the fridge about 2 hours before filling my cakes.
If you try it let me know how you like it.

Trance

daisy81382 Posted 20 Jul 2008 , 1:53am
post #21 of 28

Thanks Trance for that recipe. Sounds really good. Could you put the raspberry mixture through a sieve before putting in the gelatin to get rid of the seeds? Also, the 8 cups of whipped cream, is that Cool-Whip or is it made from regular cream that you whipped yourself? I don't have cool-whip here so have to make the whipped cream from plain whipping cream. Not sure what filling or icing I'm going to use yet, I like the sound of all of them!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 20 Jul 2008 , 4:56am
post #22 of 28

Which recipe for the WASC cake did you use?
I have made 100s of wedding cakes w/my *original* recipe (it's posted on here). It definately will hold up just fine. I use whole eggs (not just the whites) so it is strong enough for a wedding cake. Yes, it is not a 'pure' white color but still a white cakeicon_smile.gif

Trance Posted 20 Jul 2008 , 5:30pm
post #23 of 28

Daisy81382-
I make my own cream and use that not cool whip. I don't see why you could not strain the seed. Let me know how it turns out.
Trance

daisy81382 Posted 24 Jul 2008 , 3:57am
post #24 of 28

Thanks Trance, I will definitely let you know. How much liquid cream does it take to get 8 cups? and do you sweeten it or leave it plain? Can you make this a couple days early and keep it in the fridge till ready to use?

Sorry for all the questions. I've been working late nights and haven't had much time to look into this. I'm hoping I can make some of it on the weekend and then assemble it the night before I need it.

If I make the WASC on the weekend, should I keep it in the fridge or freezer? Need it on Wed. Geez, I know this will get easier. The theory is ok in my head, it's putting it to use that I get all these questions!

Thanks again for your help and suggestions

Trance Posted 24 Jul 2008 , 9:02am
post #25 of 28

Daisy:
I add some sugar to the cream while I'm whipping it. I have made the whole recipe a day in advance and it was fine, but I can't say for sure on any longer because I've never made it further out then that.
Good Luck..
Trance

junny629 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
junny629 Posted 24 Jul 2008 , 12:54pm
post #26 of 28

I went to recipe search for white almond sour cream cake and only one recipe came up. It's the one by Denise 2434. Is that the one you all use? Or perhaps you can point me to the wonderful WASC recipe that you use.

Thank you.

daisy81382 Posted 24 Jul 2008 , 11:28pm
post #27 of 28

junny, i have never made the wasc but I think that is the correct one. I have read a lot of variations for it as well. But I'm a little like you, everyone talks so highly of it, I've just got to try it!

daisy81382 Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 3:25am
post #28 of 28

Trance, I made your raspberry mousse and it was AWESOME!! It filled my cake beautifully and there was not a drop left! It was so good and everyone loved it. There was even some mousse left over and we would have a bowl of that for dessert! Thank you for the recipe icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%