How Is This Done On Fondant?

Decorating By Kaybaby Updated 3 Jul 2008 , 3:09am by wgoat5

Kaybaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kaybaby Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 1:42am
post #1 of 11

The picture I'm posting is from the gallery - gorgeous cake. I was wanting to know how to have the effect of the circles on the fondant, so they look blended in? The only way I know how is to place the dots on the fondant directly. I would love a tutorial or something I can use to teach myself.

Thank you all so much,

Vonda
LL

10 replies
nautkl1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nautkl1 Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 1:53am
post #2 of 11

I would roll out the fondant just about to the size needed, then add different size balls on top of the rolled fondant - and then roll again. The balls should make the circles within the fondant. The same method would apply with the zebra stripes. Only cutting out thin stripes placing on rolled fondant and rolling again. icon_smile.gif

Hope this helps!

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 1:53am
post #3 of 11

They are not blended ...the fondant is rolled very thin..

bizatchgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bizatchgirl Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 1:55am
post #4 of 11

Thanks nautk! I've always wondered about this myself. I always thought you did it with inlays...holes in the white part of the fondant, then the colored circles placed in, like a puzzle. I've never been able to make that work because the edges pull apart and glue oozes through. I'll have to remember this!!!!

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 1:56am
post #5 of 11

I agree with Edna ... the circles are layed on top of the fondant... roll out thin... let them set for a minute.. will be easier to handle... especially if you have a small tapered spatula icon_smile.gif

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 1:58am
post #6 of 11

They are not inlays..The inlay has a different look. Lots of people dont roll their fondant thin enough.. If you use a spaguetti machine you can go to a #3 and it will be thin.. even #4.

Hi Christi!!!..icon_biggrin.gif

wgoat5 Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 2:00am
post #7 of 11

icon_biggrin.gif

* waving * icon_smile.gif

dailey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dailey Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 2:16am
post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonedna

They are not inlays..The inlay has a different look. Lots of people dont roll their fondant thin enough.. If you use a spaguetti machine you can go to a #3 and it will be thin.. even #4.

Hi Christi!!!..icon_biggrin.gif

yup, what she said : )

ladyonzlake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyonzlake Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 2:26am
post #9 of 11

I've done the zebra stripes on a couple of my cakes and circles as well. They are rolled thin and placed on top of the fondant. I have the pasta attachment to my KA and I use setting #5.

Kaybaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kaybaby Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 2:59am
post #10 of 11

Thank you all so much,

Vonda

wgoat5 Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 3:09am
post #11 of 11

Your welcome Vonda!! icon_smile.gif Have a wonderful night icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%