Posy Pick???

Decorating By asiakayla Updated 2 Jul 2008 , 8:28pm by bashini

asiakayla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
asiakayla Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 6:51pm
post #1 of 4

Hi, i'm new to the forum...just want to say first off that i am in love with this site and the amazing cakes on here!!! All of you are very talented. I just started cake decorating and when i say just started...i mean i've only done 2 cakes.... well my question is...i want my next cake to have a bow topper and i read that i needed a posy pick? what does that look like and where could i possibly get one from??? Thanks in advance!!! icon_biggrin.gif

3 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 7:26pm
post #2 of 4

Welcome to Cake Central. I'm not sure what instructions you are reading, but if it is a flower pick you need, it is a little plastic tube, closed on one end to hold flowers. they insert into the cake to prevent sticking non-edible items directly into the cake.

Cake decorating/craft stores have them, ususally in packs of 4.

asiakayla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
asiakayla Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 7:30pm
post #3 of 4

Thank you so much!!!! I have been going crazy looking for a posy pick but only because i read it under Aineb's instructions on her bow topper tutorial...... maybe thats what they call it in Scotland..... i should have asked her..... thanks again....

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 8:28pm
post #4 of 4

Hi, we call it a Posy Pick in England. Here is a link, just to show you what it is looks like.


Quote by @%username% on %date%