Can I Talk About Another Site?

Decorating By Iloveweddings Updated 2 Jul 2008 , 10:14pm by flayvurdfun

Iloveweddings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Iloveweddings Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 1:37pm
post #1 of 23

I thought I would ask before I did. It is another food forum. Can I?

22 replies
dailey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dailey Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 3:43pm
post #2 of 23

i think there is only one site here that is off limits? and it has the word "sugar" in it. i think the other ones are fine, though.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 3:46pm
post #3 of 23

There's more than one that have the word sugar in them, Daly.

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 3:57pm
post #4 of 23

actually, its not really a site, but an online store that we can't talk about...(I think the program here actually deletes the word!) There are some good reasons for it too...Check out this sugar place at the better business bureau listings sometime!

dailey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dailey Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 4:03pm
post #5 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by k8memphis

There's more than one that have the word sugar in them, Daly.

lol! o yeah, i forgot! well, its not sugarbuzz...

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 4:43pm
post #6 of 23

I tell you, I was so glad (I know sounds wierd) when I heard people complaining about this place,because I thought it was just ME! I stopped going when they wanted to charge me $15.00 shipping for a $3.00 item. I also had them suddenly raise the price of an item on me. I don;t know how they stay in business. I personally don't recommend them..there are so many good places online to buy what you need!

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 4:56pm
post #7 of 23

Ooooh I remeber that. I won't use them now.

loriana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriana Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 5:11pm
post #8 of 23

Yeahup, believe me the BBB report is just the tip of the iceberg. They have been reported in local newspapers as having bad business practices and there are other articles about them people published before the great server loss a few months ago. But... there are some super-nice companies out there with good selection as alternates.

I really like:
http://www.ahcakedesign.com for some items and their shipping is very reasonable.

Maria_Campos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Maria_Campos Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 6:22pm
post #9 of 23

I did not know that about SC. hmmm I get a lot of stuff from them, it seem I need to start looking else where.

ac2steachk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ac2steachk Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 6:37pm
post #10 of 23

You all have gotten off the point of the thread...can there be discussion about another site?

I believe there can be, but I'm not an expert on these things.

yummymummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummymummy Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 6:37pm
post #11 of 23

I too have ordered from SC in the past. I haven't had any problems ...well they did send me the wrong cutter once, but I kept it since it was on my "have to have this"list. I think I'll start shopping elsewhere too, just to be sure I don't have any future headaches. icon_wink.gif

OCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OCakes Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 6:41pm
post #12 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iloveweddings

I thought I would ask before I did. It is another food forum. Can I?

Hey - What exactly did you want to talk about? ha ha! I think you just need to say what you want to say, and then we can tell you whether or not we can/want to talk about it...?

To everyone else, thank you so much for the information on SC, I hadn't known either! I'm reading the link now - one sentence was actually enough "Based on BBB files, this business has an unsatisfactory rating with the BBB due to unanswered complaints and a pattern of complaints regarding billing and customer service issues...."

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 7:11pm
post #13 of 23

I realize that people who are new to this forum are not aware of this, so I will be happy to tell you --

Previous discussions regarding this company cause many and enormous problems here on CC and for CC owners, so I would suggest strongly that this thread be locked immediately.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

loriana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriana Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 7:21pm
post #14 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by playingwithsugar

I realize that people who are new to this forum are not aware of this, so I will be happy to tell you --

Previous discussions regarding this company cause many and enormous problems here on CC and for CC owners, so I would suggest strongly that this thread be locked immediately.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Hey Theresa, I think we probably shouldn't have hijacked this harmless thread with info on SC. But I have a "but"....

I strongly believe this community runs on goodwill and helpful advice from others as well as promoting reputable dealers like Globalsugarart or AHcakedesign. Sometimes I feel like I owe it to others to tell what I know about them. I just... am completely disgusted with bad business practices on the whole and don't like to hear about a company changing the price on an item and disclaiming by saying "prices are not guaranteed" and charging an arm and a leg for shipping as well as rude replies to customers.

Another but: there are so many nice vendors out there and genuine people like Scott Woolley Clark who answers every email personally and ships before he receives payment, on "trust". He says he has never had an issue yet because where trust is given it is received.

Sorry again if I was part of this thread hijacking icon_redface.gif

playingwithsugar Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 7:35pm
post #15 of 23

loriana -

First, let me say that you are entitled to your opinion.

Now, the situation between CC and this particular company is an extremely sensitive one, and you were a member when all that transpired, so I'm surprised that you don't remember it.

I cannot go into details about this, as I do not feel that I am qualified. Let's just say that it would be better for all of us if the subject were closed asap.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

southerncake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southerncake Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 7:42pm
post #16 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by playingwithsugar

Theresa icon_smile.gif

I agree Theresa! Those of us who were here at the time the big drama happened definitely don't want anything to get stirred up again.

Maybe the posts not directly answering the OP's question can be deleted. I would love to know which cake site the OP was originally wanting to talk about!

julzs71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julzs71 Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 7:44pm
post #17 of 23

what came out of that dispute. I know what happened, but was CC held liable for slander or anything?

playingwithsugar Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 7:53pm
post #18 of 23

Nothing was ever mentioned here about the results, and to tell you the truth, my opinion is to let sleeping dogs lie.

If there was a resolution, and there was something the owners felt we needed to know about it, they would have informed us.

If I seem hard, it's because I do not want to see any more problems between CC and another forum, company, or whatever.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Mizuki Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mizuki Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 7:58pm
post #19 of 23

Is the original poster ever going to check this and ask what she (or he) wanted to know?! icon_cry.gif

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 7:58pm
post #20 of 23

Amen Theresa icon_smile.gif

BrandisBaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrandisBaked Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 8:24pm
post #21 of 23

I didn't realize there was a fire to begin with! LOL!

No matter how long I have been a member, I have never had the time to read that much here - which is why I was shocked when I read what I had posted. I simply knew that the site-that-shall-not-be-named could not be directly linked to and that there were many complaints (I even posted one).

I apologize for posting what if I did if it could be deemed inappropriate - but some of us aren't aware of all the back-story.

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 10:05pm
post #22 of 23

totally understandable.

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 10:14pm
post #23 of 23

OK, to answer original posters question..

yes there are some sites that are preferably not mentioned. But we cannot name them, we can only edit the name out etc. But by all means you can always ask a moderator if what you want to post is ok before you do so by PMing one of us.

We want people to make good choices where they shop. But this particular company doesn't like it when people bad mouth them and that was what started it.

PMing is a way I know people are using to get the word out.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%