Ideas For My Baby's 2Nd Birthday.....

Decorating By yelle66 Updated 29 Jun 2008 , 1:30am by yelle66

yelle66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yelle66 Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 7:58pm
post #1 of 8

I don't have a whole lot of time to work with. His party is going to be in 2 wks and I do have other cakes in between but I want my boy's cake to be fun. We are doing an outdoor splash party at home and sent out Monster invites (what is it with nobody having boy invites??) I found some super cute ones at borders , though and we do call him "Monster" . I am trying to decide if it would be cuter to do a monster cake or one to do with water (like beachy?) Does anyone have any ideas for me?

TIA for any help,

Danielle

7 replies
chassidyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chassidyg Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 8:11pm
post #2 of 8

I think the monster idea is really cute, What about a monster on the beach?

toodlesjupiter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toodlesjupiter Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 8:18pm
post #3 of 8

Personally, I think I would try to do something to match the invitations. Whether it be fondant monsters, or if you want something easier due to time constraints, you could blow up the image and do a buttercream transfer. I'm sure there are more options, those are just the first things I thought of. HTH!

TantalizingTreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TantalizingTreats Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 8:19pm
post #4 of 8

why don't you do little monster cupcakes...(see picture) they are so fun to do and easy. and then everyone will have a little monster to call their own...lol

http://www.wilton.com/recipes/recipesandprojects/misc/monstermuncher.cfm

[/img]http://www.wilton.com/images/recipes/monstermuncher_lg.jpg
LL

Kaiah723 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kaiah723 Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 8:22pm
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by chassidyg

I think the monster idea is really cute, What about a monster on the beach?

I think that is a really cute idea! Maybe make some swim trunks out of fondant/gumpaste and put them on the monster...I think that would be really cute too.

jen9936 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen9936 Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 8:23pm
post #6 of 8

I was thinking monster cupcakes too! The ones in my avatar are sooo easy and quick, and they always go over well with the kiddos around here!

bartar01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bartar01 Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 8:43pm
post #7 of 8

I love the monster cupcakes idea! You could also use what Kaiah723 suggested about making swim trunks. Maybe even some sunglasses?

yelle66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yelle66 Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 1:30am
post #8 of 8

Thanks so much ladies. I think I may go with the monster cupcakes for the kids and then maybe make a smallish sized cake for the adults. Jen, I absolutely love your monster cupcakes so I hope you don't mind if I steal them icon_wink.gif

Danielle

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%