Single Cookie Bouquet Pricing Question

Baking By Newatdecorating Updated 28 Jun 2008 , 3:14am by indydebi

Newatdecorating Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Newatdecorating Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 8:07pm
post #1 of 8

Made these and wondering how much to charge since it is only one cookie? The cookie is about 4-inches. The little pail was around $2. What is your opinion?

Thanks for the help!

7 replies
Newatdecorating Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 8:17pm
post #2 of 8

I'm sorry. I'm having problems getting the picture to post here. I am no computer expert and hubby isn't home! It's the first picture in my gallery if you don't mind looking there.

Joanne914 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joanne914 Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 8:47pm
post #3 of 8

Well, I'm not sure if this will help you out, but Cookies by Design used to sell
a single cookie on a stick for $7.50. I just looked at their site, but they don't show them anymore. But I do remember going into one of their locations and seeing them. Maybe they only sell them in their stores, and not at the site. So..that might be a fair price for your single cookie + pot + ribbon. And yours is WAAAAY cuter than theirs! icon_smile.gif

Joanne914 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joanne914 Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 8:52pm
post #4 of 8

I went back to take a second look at your cookies, and it looks like your cookie is fairly large. You have also put money (2 dollars) into the pot, ribbon, fill, foam, and bag, $7.50 probably won't cover your costs. Maybe somewhere between 7.50 and 10.00, but don't think I'd charge more than 10.00 for one cookie. JMHO

hallfamily727 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hallfamily727 Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 9:22pm
post #5 of 8

I'm useless at figuring out what to charge. I'm just starting at that myself! I always feel guilty asking for money for my stuff. lol!

Could you tell me what you're using for the holders for some of the bouquets in your photo album? I'm always stuck on (no pun intended) what to put the cookie pops in. Thanks!

Newatdecorating Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 11:09pm
post #6 of 8

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking about $8, but didn't know if that was too much.

As for my containers, I use 4x4-inch boxes a lot. You can get them at Michael's. You can cut the foam to slide down in them for the perfect fit. They are the ones with three cookies. I glue ribbon around them to dress them up.

The teacher pencil container and the small red anniversary container were in the markdown section of my local Kroger store.

I found the more decorative boxes at Th Paper Factory and Tuesday Morning.

Hope this helps!

bakinccc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakinccc Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 1:44am
post #7 of 8

I think $8 sounds like a fair price. Your cookie looks wonderful and with the container it's very well put together. Looks great. I sell a three cookie bouquet for $17 but have a minimum of two unless during a major holiday where I'm already baking that kind of cookie. I certainly am not going to 'open' my kitchen for $17 only. So think about a minimum for that kind of thing too.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 3:14am
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanne914

I went back to take a second look at your cookies, and it looks like your cookie is fairly large. You have also put money (2 dollars) into the pot, ribbon, fill, foam, and bag, $7.50 probably won't cover your costs. Maybe somewhere between 7.50 and 10.00, but don't think I'd charge more than 10.00 for one cookie. JMHO

I agree that $7.50 probably wouldn't cover it, but dont' be afraid to charge a high price for a single cookie like this. Overhead. If they buy 4 cookies, you can get it in one container, so the cost of the container is now spread out over the price of 4 cookies .... lower per unit cost.

It's not unusual to have a high price for a single item and it's due to minimum overhead costs.

It's costs the same amount of gas to deliver a catering, no matter if I have food for 50 or food for 150 in the back of the van.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%